Windshield options?

JDP

I’m taking a Coast to Coast trip on my FTR and wanted a windshield that actually works tried about 4 of them and finally tried the Givi and it works great easy mount to bars and doesn’t move I’ll tell you more when I get back

morooster

I’m taking a Coast to Coast trip on my FTR and wanted a windshield that actually works tried about 4 of them and finally tried the Givi and it works great easy mount to bars and doesn’t move I’ll tell you more when I get back
you back yet jdp?

JDP

Yes I rode from Maryland to Utah, Arizona and back in my FTR, I really thought it was a mistake the first day out but man I had to stop for gas so frequently that it gave me time to stretch and walk around a little, the givi windshield did excellent had no wind issues at all, next will be a set of Nelson Riggs throw over saddle bags, I saw one FTR with them and looked good and I can get rid of my 20 bungee cords back pack and bag.

Attachments

• 95E11249-604C-469E-8F6C-5F92A051E70E.png
    95E11249-604C-469E-8F6C-5F92A051E70E.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 06337C11-E15E-49EB-AA68-E7BF510AB139.jpeg
    06337C11-E15E-49EB-AA68-E7BF510AB139.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 54

mcpt1

I've got a 2022 Carbon and was looking for a small windscreen. Decided on the Puig "Naked New Generation" windscreen. When ordering from the Revzilla website it said it wouldn't fit my 22 Carbon, ordered it anyway and....it didn't fit. Mounting uses the upper triple clamp bolt holes to attach a powder coated bracket to the bike. The holes in the screen are too narrow to fit the brackets once installed on the bike. They're only off by 1/2 inch or so but still no go. I procured a 1/4" drill bit for acrylic and drilled holes that fit. Came out well , just took a couple of plastic screws to fill the unused holes , may pick up a couple of 1/4' hole covers if it bothers me too much. Will give it a ride tomorrow to assess the effectiveness.

Attachments

• PXL_20210928_211359764.jpg
    PXL_20210928_211359764.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 58
  • PXL_20210928_211407736.jpg
    PXL_20210928_211407736.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

Daniel74

Yes I rode from Maryland to Utah, Arizona and back in my FTR, I really thought it was a mistake the first day out but man I had to stop for gas so frequently that it gave me time to stretch and walk around a little, the givi windshield did excellent had no wind issues at all, next will be a set of Nelson Riggs throw over saddle bags, I saw one FTR with them and looked good and I can get rid of my 20 bungee cords back pack and bag.

I´m currently using the Puig one but over 180 Km/h it just disappears and the wind hit really hard, could you tell me more about the givi model etc?
greetings

JDP

I use the GIVI 16 inch handle bar mount model ,can’t remember the model # but this works great I tried them all because I was going Coast to Coast and knew I would get stuck in the rain one day which I did and a wind storm in Utah works perfect

Attachments

• C88AFA89-7020-470A-A92E-70C29C7B38A2.jpeg
    C88AFA89-7020-470A-A92E-70C29C7B38A2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

Walrus

I'M still searching. No disrespect, but I don't like the looks of current offerings. Suppose I'll just ride naked, but is a drag. Have touring bikes if I need to go long.

JDP

It's supposed to be a flat tracker..why would you fit a windshield? Genuinely confused. Not trolling.
Maybe he wants to take a long trip, I put one on my bike when I road it Coast to Coast and glad I did because I ran into rain and a sand storm in Utah, they pop on and off real easy it’s not a big deal

Key_to_life

I use the GIVI 16 inch handle bar mount model ,can’t remember the model # but this works great I tried them all because I was going Coast to Coast and knew I would get stuck in the rain one day which I did and a wind storm in Utah works perfect
Do you have a link where I can buy one?

It's supposed to be a flat tracker..why would you fit a windshield? Genuinely confused. Not trolling.
This motor and chasis can do it all why not? I'm hand laying a full fixed fairing for mine as a side project, including new radiator guards and side covers, full european inspired body kit rly. Can't exactly run out and buy a vtwin roadster with a fairing, to be fair right? lol puns oof

Also, just for the lolz, look up the price and specs on the actual non street legal in most places civilized flat tracker... oof. I think its more inspired by a flat tracker and in fact can be set up any way you want cuz its a roadster IMHO which has limited MFG offerings as a niche class/category across all manufacturers.

Last edited:
These work great, put a rubber gasket on bottom as even overtightened the bar mount lets her bounce around a bit too much. Rly wish they'd make a more robust mounting solution to keep it off the cowl/headlight.. Cast acrylic won't let you down either. Just be warned, go on a LOT of rides as its EXTREMELY adjustable and absolutely must not put the plastic caps over the hardware before you get it where buffeting works for YOU in ALL conditions. I run this on my URAL GEAR UP sidecar.

Take your time adjusting it and you won't have complaints about it. Rly solid piece I love mine and my Ural crosses rivers above the seat and rides BDR heavy and has even been rolled a couple times somehow. This piece is very strong and very versatile and adjustable. The only people that don't like it are people that don't take their time setting it up and finding the sweet spot for buffeting.

Picture from before I figured out buffeting lol oops (it was too far rearward for my Ural). Ignore the broken hand shifters it seem some shit ok lolololol. It’s always in repair due to abuse, but the fairing has yet to let me down.

Attachments

• 2DF4F507-BB5B-4680-ADFD-C18342891A9C.jpeg
    2DF4F507-BB5B-4680-ADFD-C18342891A9C.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: