Windshield options?

MilwDave

Am I the only one that’s surprised that the aftermarket windshield manufacturers have designed replacement shields that use the OEM struts for mounting?

MilwDave

No, I have the accessory shield and the struts that it mounts to. Those struts are well integrated.
Most aftermarket shield manufacturers make replacement designs that use factory hardware.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
probably because the factory indian hardware for the windshield is very expensive and requires removal of the entire headlight assembly to install. The aftermarket solutions are cheaper and more efficient.

kiwi dave

Are you able to provide a link to where to purchase the brackets?

Also, what is the distance between the mounting holes? I may have a left-over screen that might fit. Thanks!

kiwi dave

I've just ordered a Puig Vision universal windscreen from Revzilla. Unfortunately, it's a bit of a gamble as they were unable to provide exact dimensions. Neither could the manufacturer's website.

It will be couple of weeks before I see it. I'll let the forum know my impressions.

Keles

i have ordered it, still not there for 14 days.

Attachments

• 1AA5DA6F-9D0F-4172-A0D4-CBDE9E2B03D8.jpeg
    1AA5DA6F-9D0F-4172-A0D4-CBDE9E2B03D8.jpeg
    789.8 KB · Views: 86

cupcake_mike

i have ordered it, still not there for 14 days.

That surprises me. I ordered the mid-size one (225mm) and they didn't even have it in-stock, had to make it, I guess. It was still delivered within 13 days from the day i ordered it (took 5 days to ship from England to me in the middle of the US).

kiwi dave

I'm happy to report that the screen fits perfectly. Had I known how tight it was going to be, I wouldn't have been game to purchase. It mounts on the same bolts that hold the headlight on, heart was in my mouth as I was tightening it all up, but all went well. I added a small (13mm) plastic spacer on each side in case it vibrates itself against the fork legs.

Edit: Tried it out yesterday; works fine for a small screen, which is what I like. Note this is the Puig Universal screen, it doesn't have the fancy mounting brackets.

Attachments

• Indian FTR-1200S with Puig screen.jpg
    Indian FTR-1200S with Puig screen.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Keles

unfortunately I could not take my disc. they also packed a customs fee of 248 € ... the disk also cost about 100 €. the company would like to send me another note with better documents. I hope it works this time. greetings

The Puig is ridiculously simple to install; took me (someone with absolutely NO mechanical skill, although I'm getting better with each passing day I order a part I refuse to pay to have put on). Now I've re-tightened it after a couple 40-120 MPH pulls but now that it's nice and tight? I love it. Not quite as tall as I'd like but it gives off this look as if it'd be comfortable if Indian made it stock.

Attachments

• IMG_6285.jpeg
    IMG_6285.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_6299.jpeg
    IMG_6299.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 96

MilwDave

Exactly. Most people want an easy on and off shield

and don’t wanna remove the headlight each time they want it on or off
I picked up the smaller dark tinted screen (using the 50% off code) to swap out the larger screen. Having some sort of screen to protect from bugs getting implanted in the hard to get spots to clean up is a must.

Keles

is not suitable for carbon because of the carbon headlight cover. however, the brackets supplied can be used universally. The incline can also be adjusted, fits perfectly and is very easy to install.

Attachments

• BE05199F-70AD-45CD-9151-66EA4A051913.jpeg
    BE05199F-70AD-45CD-9151-66EA4A051913.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 102
  • 7C0A4C3D-A129-4B24-A803-204B29A743F8.jpeg
    7C0A4C3D-A129-4B24-A803-204B29A743F8.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 101
  • D87CDC19-A732-4B71-922C-29B6CEB087AA.jpeg
    D87CDC19-A732-4B71-922C-29B6CEB087AA.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
is not suitable for carbon because of the carbon headlight cover. however, the brackets supplied can be used universally. The incline can also be adjusted, fits perfectly and is very easy to install.
I was actually looking at ADDING a black nacelle to my Base 2019, but after adding the Puig Windscreen to it; I'm not sure how in the way it would be. I'd rather not tear up one part or the other; and not waste the money buying one from someone else's bike if it won't fit with the windscreen I just like the look of a cover more than no cover personally. But it's not the end of the world if I can't fit it.

My windscreen installs using the UPPER of the triple clamp bolts...

Here's a pic of how it's mourned; see how much room there is between the light and the screen? Not a ton up top; so I'm curious how your nacelle carbon fiber cover mounts...

Attachments

• Windscreen_mount.jpg
    Windscreen_mount.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 41
The nacelle will fit with the Puig windshield. That’s how mine is set up.
Dang that is so awesome to hear brother. Do you have a pic of them together? I'm having a hard time finding good front on/front angle pictures of bikes with our Windshield, the exact Puig model AND the Nacelle like you have. If not don't trip; just curious how it all looks together. I'm also curious how cheap I can find a black nacelle lol.