WTB ‘22 Carbon

Mckid4

I am in the market for a ‘22 R Carbon. I am in no rush to buy but for the right deal it could be sooner than later. I found the exact bike I want with a tune and Toce full exhaust but it is 8.5 hours away, not sure if I am ready for a 17hr round trip adventure. If anyone near OH is thinking of selling their Carbon let me know, thanks!

M9Carbon22

Hire a bike trailer and kidnap a friend the exhaust is the most expensive bit. get that out the way and smooth sailing.

Bumati

Heck. I flew to DC to get mine in a pandemic. It was great.

Flew to Philadelphia to get a griso.

Enjoy the adventure and go. Take earplugs for the toce. Those pipes are way to loud, well IMHO.

edgelett

DO you know anyone that side of the country that can look at it for you before you fly down and ride back?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
There are plenty of dealers who have some in stock if you search around. A fly abs buy from a dealer usually is pretty easy.

Mckid4

There are plenty of dealers who have some in stock if you search around. A fly abs buy from a dealer usually is pretty easy.
There are actually a few local to me new at dealers, but I’m assuming they’re not going to budge much from MSRP then add in prep/doc fees that they tag on and the price goes up quite a bit. I have bought most of my previous bikes used with low miles and some mods already done that I would do myself. I really like the Toce exhaust as well as it reminds me of the set up I had on the superduke. It seems some people think it’s too loud, but so was my KTM with no cat and an Austin racing muffler.

Attachments

• 425E862E-C6AA-4B71-9582-6D9BF225AD67.jpeg
    425E862E-C6AA-4B71-9582-6D9BF225AD67.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

FTR London

There are actually a few local to me new at dealers, but I’m assuming they’re not going to budge much from MSRP then add in prep/doc fees that they tag on and the price goes up quite a bit. I have bought most of my previous bikes used with low miles and some mods already done that I would do myself. I really like the Toce exhaust as well as it reminds me of the set up I had on the superduke. It seems some people think it’s too loud, but so was my KTM with no cat and an Austin racing muffler.
I've got mine on order minus baffle and dB killer, because I'm fairly confident it still won't be as loud as my current set up which sounds like an artillery barrage on the overrun. Who gives a shit if it's indicative of sub-optimal tuning to the ears of the purists? Besides, the Lloydz flash will be the first task post installation. A bike without baffles is unlikely to perform as well as one that retains them, but were talking minutiae in terms of gains once both are sorted.

I know you are looking for a 'carbon', but perhaps find a competitive 2019 bike you like and fit the Toce low mount yourself. IMO the best looking exhaust without opting for the authentic twin shotgun S&S system. You also get to buy the best flash on the market to go with it. Plus - a 2-1 is favourable in terms of performance to the 2-2.

Last edited:

Mckid4

I've got mine on order minus baffle and dB killer, because I'm fairly confident it still won't be as loud as my current set up which sounds like an artillery barrage on the overrun. Who gives a shit if it's indicative of sub-optimal tuning to the ears of the purists? Besides, the Lloydz flash will be the first task post installation. A bike without baffles is unlikely to perform as well as one that retains them, but were talking minutiae in terms of gains once both are sorted.

I know you are looking for a 'carbon', but perhaps find a competitive 2019 bike you like and fit the Toce low mount yourself. IMO the best looking exhaust without opting for the authentic twin shotgun S&S system. You also get to buy the best flash on the market to go with it. Plus - a 2-1 is favourable in terms of performance to the 2-2.
I agree with you on the exhaust, personally I don’t mind loud, just not obnoxiously loud like some of the cars I hear. The tinny and raspy is what I don’t like. And I am partial to the 2022’s for the 17” wheels; the ‘Carbon’ edition just stands out to me more than the other models. But the wheel size is what I am after.

Walrus

I've said this on other threads. Buy the basic & customize to your taste. In the end, cheaper - unless your heart is set on Ohlins. (My reaction - not needed if you're not racing). They carbon weight savings isn't enough to boost performance, do you REALLY need wheely control? (IMHO only for novices or drag racing). The high tech screen is just another thing to break at big cost.
But your love for the Carbon may be all about looks - and it is handsome.