Wunderkind Custom bits and pieces

edgelett

After a very frustrating 30 mins I got my rear footpegs changed over to Wunderkind Custom ones. Those clips holding the original pegs on suck! not sure if I stretched them too much I'll ride it a bit and see if they move. It did come with circlips but I don't have any circlip pliers so reused for now.
next job will be installing the Wundekind rearsets and rider pegs
🙂

1633420135242.png
1633420144612.png
1633420154347.png

Last edited:

edgelett

Rearsets are on.
Did everything myself so I'm pretty happy with that, just needed Tony to help me with getting the bike on and off the rear stand.
Lost the rear brake adjustment screw on my shakedown ride though which I'm annoyed about - thought the nut was done up enough but clearly not.
will email Wunderkind to get the size and get a replacement.
1633736874243.png
1633736882585.png

Mckid4

The first of my new Wunderkind bits was installed yesterday - the chain guard:
Before
View attachment 4630

After:
View attachment 4631

Will start putting the other goodies on over the weekend and update this post as I go!
So after a year or so of the chain guard do you still like it? I’m wanting to order this, but am of the fence, with the other option to just remove the stock guard and run it without like others have.

kiwi dave

The guard is there for a couple of reasons.

The first is to protect you in case the chain breaks, and wants to wrap itself around your legs.

The second is to keep grease and oil being flung on you.

Both are important, IMHO.

edgelett

So after a year or so of the chain guard do you still like it? I’m wanting to order this, but am of the fence, with the other option to just remove the stock guard and run it without like others have.
yep, looks good and I haven't had any issues of chain flick. it's a good piece of kit.

FTR London

I've run mine without for over a year now and have had no issues. I don't mind grease and oil on my boots or riding gear, but it simply doesn't happen, and I keep the chain very well lubricated. The aforementioned issue of a breakage is the sole concern and risk you take in my opinion.