2022 FTR Carbon R Header Options?

LukeJ38

Does anyone make a header for the 2022 FTR Carbon R that would also work with the aftermarket S&S slip on? I know TOCE makes a nice header and slip-on, however I would rather not waste my S&S exhaust. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_6462.jpg
    IMG_6462.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 20

edgelett

at this stage Toce are the only company with a header option. I'm sure others will eventually but not at the moment.
you can always just use the slip on after the cat until there are some more options!

LukeJ38

at this stage Toce are the only company with a header option. I'm sure others will eventually but not at the moment.
you can always just use the slip on after the cat until there are some more options!
Thanks for the fast response! Hope someone comes out with another header option soon! Really want to get the V6 tune for my bike, the throttle response is pretty lack luster (mayor delay). I'm hopeful the header and tune will take care of that.

LukeJ38

Have you tried Sport mode?
The bike only has 250 miles on it, and Sport mode is the only mode i've tried :). The dealer said they put a "break-in" tune on the bike at the dealership, and at the 500 miles service they'll change the tune. I've noticed the bike tends to ru fat/rich, that could be causing a delay throttle response. Hopefully after break-in the bike gets leaned out and throttle response improves.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yeah the new oem tune is very tame even in sport mode. I was surprised.

and you can get v6 now. You don’t need the header.

LukeJ38

Yeah the new oem tune is very tame even in sport mode. I was surprised.

and you can get v6 now. You don’t need the header.
I guess the V6 tune is specific to your exhaust setup and I wanted to eliminate the cat eventually. Hopefully some more header options will come out soon!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Correct. But any cat delete or other similarly designed header to what’s out there now performs slightly worse than with the cat in place.
Unless you buy the Toce header.