2022 FTR rear brake pedal too small

o sup

Hello - anyone know of a bolt on enlarger that works well? The rear pedal is pretty small for me - the rear brakes feel a bit mush compared to other bikes I've had. Perhaps the pedal position and size of the platform are part of the issue?
Appreciate any thoughts on a pedal enlarger and/or the mushy brake feel.

Safe travels FTR friends

Scot

D

Deleted member 706

A stab in the dark, maybe Flo has a product for you. IMG_20190828_214250.jpg

Punchesdfw

With my race boots, my foot continually slips off, which can be a problem. Can the stock lever be bent out without breaking it?

kungfoojesus

will do - thanks
Be very careful you don't adjust the slack out. The free play spec is listed in the manual. I've had more than one FTR owner blow out their pressure switch/lock up the rear wheel/melt their rear brake switch by adjusting the free play out. Yes your rear can and will LOCK up when the caliper gets hot, it happened to a local FTR salesman I know on the Indian FTR in fact. His rotor was rainbow colored it was a pretty bad situation but he didn't go down. I ride a 2019, not sure how the slack spec is or isn't on the newer ones but consult the manual.

Punchesdfw

Be very careful you don't adjust the slack out. The free play spec is listed in the manual. I've had more than one FTR owner blow out their pressure switch/lock up the rear wheel/melt their rear brake switch by adjusting the free play out. Yes your rear can and will LOCK up when the caliper gets hot, it happened to a local FTR salesman I know on the Indian FTR in fact. His rotor was rainbow colored it was a pretty bad situation but he didn't go down. I ride a 2019, not sure how the slack spec is or isn't on the newer ones but consult the manual.
I don’t think he’s talking about slack. Like me, the pedal is too small and my foot slips off. If there was an option to move it out, i’d be all over it.

irsh

I find myself riding the rear brake at times when my feet slip down while toodling along and have to get back on the balls of my feet.