2022: New aftermarket turn signals and Puig screen

Romerican

Installed some cheap China turn signals on my 2022 FTR base. They look soooo much better. I actually don't mind the rear fender look and I don't plan on replacing it... it just needed a little drilling in the plastic to make new signals screw in.

Front was a different story.... no way to mount these stem and nut signals without a new bracket. Luckily my 3d printer I had for sale didn't sell yet. Took 3 prototypes till I got a good one. Haven't gotten the drls wired on these new signals, not sure if I will. Love the look though.

The puig screen which I thought would be easy, wasn't. Puig sent me to different sized metal spacers... then I thought it might not work on a 2022. Which I couldn't make fit going by instructions. I had to put the screen back together and then just matched the main bolts to the bike. Obviously this one is meant for an FTR with a headlight cowl, but it was the only one available anywhere, in the UK no less.. I'll deal with the spacing till I find a cowl for it.

Overall looks great and am happy with it. Haven't tested the screen yet.20210512_163150.jpg

Attachments

• 20210512_163218.jpg
    20210512_163218.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210512_163232.jpg
    20210512_163232.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 20210512_165457.gif
    20210512_165457.gif
    12.5 MB · Views: 40

Timps27

I like the new profile on the rad guards, hadn’t noticed the change before now. And the black with red script looks great!

Max Kool

I never have engine heat once rolling. The only time I feel some heat -not much anyway after a tune-, is at standstill.

(they do look a bit like integrated winglets, and that apparently is the latest craze....)

edgelett

I never have engine heat once rolling. The only time I feel some heat -not much anyway after a tune-, is at standstill.

(they do look a bit like integrated winglets, and that apparently is the latest craze....)
winglets are OK if you're racing in the MotoGP or are a competitive racer.
I don't see the point on a road bike doing (mostly) road legal speeds and definitely doing less than 250kph.

Max Kool

Agreed. Imagine a Ducati v4 Superleggera sans wings... (or a V4 Streetfighter for that matter)