ABS

Punchesdfw

I’ve asked this before, but I’m not sure that there is a way to disable the ABS on my standard FTR. I don’t think there’s a legit way to do it, but I’m open to any hack. I HATE ABS. You try to trail-brake into a corner and the ABS comes on.

Max Kool

That depends on your definition of trail braking… trail braking is trailing the front brake into a turn, applying 5-10% of braking power while being in the turn already, fir improved front wheel grip and geometry.

You probably mean backing in the rear? While blocking the rear wheel?

You probably want to pull some fuses…

Punchesdfw

That depends on your definition of trail braking… trail braking is trailing the front brake into a turn, applying 5-10% of braking power while being in the turn already, fir improved front wheel grip and geometry.

You probably mean backing in the rear? While blocking the rear wheel?

You probably want to pull some fuses…
When I was Pro we called it trail braking. Guess the don't call it that anymore. It was a long time ago. I'll try to figure out what fuses it is. I never even considered that! Thanks for your help. (y)

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Sadly the early 2019 ftr was the only one where you could.

But no way without pulling the abs fuse under your battery, or completely removing the system now.

Some have put a wiring harness with a switch in where the fuse goes so they can turn it on and off.