After hours of going back and forth with my PV-3, confusion, aggression, happiness, confusion, more aggression, I've finally done it.

Wayne

Literally the hardest part is pulling the diagnostic connector down from under the right side of the tan and that is pretty easy to do. Plug in he PV-3, turn the key to on and upload your map. once done disconnect it and fire it up.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Here. Although this is with the Ryan tune where you don’t have to send logs or data back and fourth.

But this is how you hook it up

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes. Fm does it differently.
But hooking it up and reading it is similar
To my vid

Max Kool

Afaik Ryan locks the tune to the PV-3, and the license locks the PV-3 to your ECU. So he doesn’t need your pvinfo.txt

FM locks the tune to your ECU, and needs your pvinfo.txt to do so.

Last edited:

Charliemurphay

My tuner arrives tomorrow. I was hoping; after seeing some really slick Polaris video on Youtube where the Diagnostic port was literally accessible from right near the gas tank and made it super easy to plugs in the tuner and get the info needed.

So from readying the Fuel Moto How-To here what I'll need to do when it comes in tomorrow:

1. Hook up hte PV-3 to the FTR 1200 and download a certain set of files that the tuner pulls from the bike. (The bike will still be 100% stock by then)

2. Take those files; hook up the PV-3 to my PC and pull them off, fill out the form on Fuel Moto's website where I upload the required files, and explain to the Engineers what mods will be done and what they need to account for.

Which hat this point is literally this:

Even though the Cat is on the bike as of now; as soon as I plug in the PV-3 Tuner and pull the info they need; I'm going to pull the stock Cat and install the Cat-Delete Link pipe, and wait

3. It's then I wait 3-6 days until they email the specialized tune for my SPECIFIC FTR 1200, in which case I plug the PV-3 into the PC, load the tune over to it, plug the PV-3 back into my FTR 1200 and flash that sucker. At that point; since i tshould already have the Cat Delete installed; had it's 500 mile service complete... it should be ONE HUNDRED PERCENT ready to rip it baby! Meaning it's ready to the point I can just do cosmetics from now on until the Daytona Bike week trip.

It's after the Daytona Tike Week Trip that I'll order new Headers and Mufflers, and which point I soul be able to send the update changes to FuelMoto so that they can make another toon; email it my way, I upload it to the bike and it's officially my ULTIAMTE FTR 1200 ready to tear up not ONLY the street; but the hearts of men & women everywhere on the fence about Indian; This will change their minds!!View attachment 2779
You’ve got that all correct, can confirm. They’ll likely get back to you with the first tune in 2-3 days and any updates 1-2 days. Although there were a couple times I had a fresh tune 45 minutes after submitting a request. They’re pretty on top of it and their customer service is top notch. If you aren’t happy with something, submit a request with a ride log and they will make it right. Ever since their latest revision of tunes (Revision B) I’ve been thrilled with my bike.

You’ve got that all correct, can confirm. They’ll likely get back to you with the first tune in 2-3 days and any updates 1-2 days. Although there were a couple times I had a fresh tune 45 minutes after submitting a request. They’re pretty on top of it and their customer service is top notch. If you aren’t happy with something, submit a request with a ride log and they will make it right. Ever since their latest revision of tunes (Revision B) I’ve been thrilled with my bike.
Bro that makes me so happy... I don't know how to think other than YES. I'm going to have the bike of my dreams finally. Part stream bike? Check. Part Cruiser? Check. Part Flat Tracker? Check? ALL Head turner? Double-Check.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!

It works great; after following the instructions PROPERLY. It worked exactly as it should have. So for anyone who finds this maybe in the future, just follow the instructions; they do work. And it ends up being 10x faster just following them to the T. Skipping none, getting slick.

First off; I almost couldn't believe it but hte cold start issue; FIXED. Not just fixed. Fixed at 25 degrees in North Dallas, TX. I was so happy the folks watching from their apartment windows probably thought I discovered the beatles or something. I was jumping around, HYPED SON. I'm so happy.

And it couldn't have happened at a BETTER time. I was literally getting dangerously close to the absolutely LATEST I could push going to pick something up. And since the only vehicle I currently had with me was the FTR 1200, then it was either get it tuned and ride it to see what the tune was like in hella cold TX: or give up on the tune and make the trip anyway. Needless to say the tune made such a differenceeeee. But I don's drove in the back roads of McKinney/Allen so I never got to really open her up but we're going to have frozen level snow type shit for oh i don't know, the next 5-6 days in TX? Great.

Last edited:
Yes. Fm does it differently.
But hooking it up and reading it is similar
To my vid
Also; thank for FM doing it differently. It allowed me to do my thing tonight without having to wait for someone to be in office to get my tune setup; properly tied to the right device and sent back. FM's setup is FULLY automated; especially for the basic canned tunes. Which I can absolutely vouch for being such a game changer.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Easy on the language, and you dont have to email LLoydz back and fourth or submit anything online, the tune is already on the tuner once you plug it in the bike its done.

FM used to make it to where you had to email them your STK and wait for an email back, nice to know they automated the system.

Charliemurphay

Easy on the language, and you dont have to email LLoydz back and fourth or submit anything online, the tune is already on the tuner once you plug it in the bike its done.

FM used to make it to where you had to email them your STK and wait for an email back, nice to know they automated the system.
As far as I know/knew FM was still doing it this way. But I haven’t gotten or needed a tune since Rev B so maybe they did change it up. Mine only shipped with the dynojet tunes onboard.

edgelett

I have found that 99% of problems with tuning are caused by people not following the instructions correctly.

And Ferraiolo is correct, with Lloydz there was no 'back and forth' - I told them my set up and the right tune arrived on the Pv3.
the only time I needed to go back to them was when I changed my exhaust setup and asked for a new tune.

I know at least 1 person on the other forum who has been back and forth with FM trying to get his tune right for quite some time and has to keep logging rides

LeeJ

I installed the Dynojet PV-3 "stock exhaust/stock intake" file on my FTR. The hardest part was finding the diagnostics connector. There was no need to remove the cover as they directed. The first cold start was much much better. I only got a 20 minute ride because it was cold. So far so good.