Akrapovic

K9F

For those that did not buy a Race Replica there should be at the right price. I bought a set for mine as the first generation of the standard cans where the exhaust hangar is only attached to the upper can are not up to the job of running without a cat.

Max Kool

What do you mean @K9F with "the first generation of the standard cans where the exhaust hangar is only attached to the upper can".

This?

aren't they all like that?

K9F

No they are not all the same. I stated "for those that did not buy a Race Replica." The non 'S' Race Replicas do not have Akrapovic cans fitted as standard but standard black cans. I bought a set of Akrapovics to fit to my 'S' for that prime reason. I do not want a failure on a longer haul trip. Looking at the picture below from the standard cans removed from my bike you can clearly see the exhaust hangar bracket is attached to both cans, this is because they are not first generation ones. Indian obviously realised they had an issue as the subsequent ones have had a design change. On the first generation exhausts the bracket was only attached to the uppermost can and the exhausts are also extremely thin walled, not much thicker than cooking foil. The extra stress the single bracket placed on the already weak walled standard non Race Replica exhausts together with the catalytic convertor removed caused my dealerships own bike's exhaust to fail at that point quite spectacularly.

If the Akrapovics are priced correctly if it is the OP's intention to sell they should sell very quickly IMHO?

Last edited:

Max Kool

Ah ok, on the non-Akras it was initially only welded to the top mufflers, that what you mean?

Blue1

My bracket attaches to both cans.

If someone is interested, make me an offer and I can send pics.