Any buell riders?

cupcake_mike

Looking through pics on here and some comments made me wonder how many of us also have/had buells before our FTRs?

I personally have 3 buells, a 99 m2, 06 uly, and 09 CR, plus a couple engines to replace/rebuild as these bikes wear out.

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumor that a lot of buell elves (engineers) moved on to polaris (and then indian). I certainly see some buellisms in the styling and attitude of the FTR.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Had an old s3. Bunch of buddies have the xb12s.

ftr is way faster than all Of them.
The ebr bikes are so much nicer Than when he was using hd engines. It’s a shame Erik couldn’t keep it going.

cupcake_mike

I often describe my ftr as a FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome) afflicted love child of a uly and CR to my buell friends.

They seem to get the metaphor after they ride it.

I would've bought a 1190sx if i didn't just stumble into the deal i got on my ftr. It's better for my riding style anyway, that sx is so damn pretty though.

Ed Fox

I had a 1999 Buell X1. I hope you will forgive me for saying this but it was the worst bike I ever owned. The FTR is an American made Vtwin with two wheels and that is ware the similarities and. I know the Buells got better but the one I had was not in the same class with this Indian.

buellboy

M2 , fun but lots of issues over time.
find riding postion similar but the FTR leaves it for dead in every other aspect