Anyone done a long distance ride on your FTR 1200S?

Lone Ranger

Has anyone hit the road for a long trip on your 1200s yet? How was the ride? I was looking into the upgrade seat. I’m wanting to take a road trip to the mountains in Colorado. It’s about a seven hour trip for me.

Unruly Rider

Has anyone hit the road for a long trip on your 1200s yet? How was the ride? I was looking into the upgrade seat. I’m wanting to take a road trip to the mountains in Colorado. It’s about a seven hour trip for me.
I put a little over 400 miles on the bike in an afternoon ride I went on the first month of owning before the temperatures dropped, wasn't bad - just a little numbing. I will be upgrading to a Saddlemen seat in the near future... I've had their seats on previous bikes and the quality and comfort is 100% top notch.

Last edited:

K9F

Went to Germany 3 weeks after picking the bike up also for a mountainous trip to the Hartz Mountains. Return trip was 13 hours in the saddle and 560 miles in a day to include Channel Tunnel crossing. Rack fitted, Tank Bag, 30 and 20 litre Kriega drybags and an Airhawk Dual Sport seat cushion for my aging butt. No bother whatsoever.