Bought bare bones 2022

Walrus

Reason for my decision: Was very tempted by the OHLINS suspension, but opted for the base FTR since suspension aside the bikes are same-same and I like the analog dash. Seems better value despite the Akrapovics, which I have full system on my Hayabusa and former Harley Nightrod. Since Akrapovic system still has cat, not a "proper" hooligan exhaust. After 50-plus years of street riding and road racing, don't need wheely control and traction modes - and red frame reminds me of my Ducatis. Immediately upgrading exhaust with full TOCE and adding old school 5.75 inch cafe fairing, but I'm still researching the fairing. Would appreciate any recommendations on that front.
Seems excellent bike from test ride and reviews. Look forward to talking with you all.

Get2theChoppa

What cafe fairing did you find? I haven’t found much that fits for the bike yet. Also, I am currently debating between the S and the standard. Would you recommend the S to someone with less experience than yourself?

Max Kool

Although the S version has more safety features like wheelie control and cornering ABS, I feel the difference to a lesser experienced rider is close to nil. You can get in trouble on both quite easily if you whack the throttle at the wrong moment….

be careful 🙂

Walrus

You betcha!
Nice one!
Make sure you get a tune along with your Toce :)
What cafe fairing did you find? I haven’t found much that fits for the bike yet. Also, I am currently debating between the S and the standard. Would you recommend the S to someone with less experience than yourself?
I'm looking at Rifle, Arlen Ness and a couple Asian companies. The issues are mounting brackets - and/or lack there of. Suspect I will have to customized brackets regardless of brand for the very old school fairings. I like the look and the wind protection, especially with an upturned screen.
There's no performance difference between an S and a base - same torque 89 and same HP 120. S is about bells & whistles, Akrapovic slip-ons, a fancy screen with speedo, a phone plug, different colors. If you can ride a base model, you can ride an S or Carbon or whatever.
Good luck in your hunt.