Circuit breaker recall.

D

Deleted member 706

Could someone please explain, in layman's terms, just what this recall actually amounted to.
What is or are they?
How many, and what the job actually entails? IMG_20201101_134701.jpgIMG_20201101_134701.jpg

Max Kool

The three 10A automatic circuit breakers on the early FTR's (produced up to mid 2019) were from a batch that would sometimes switch off earlier than 10 Ampere.

Enter your VIN here.

Fuse5

@K9F ..just do it
..lost always my licence plate if i`dont change incl. manufacturer recall.
It´s a safety thing about our regulations over here.
There where a couple of riders.. got prob´s.. over in europe.. and were fallen off :unsure:

Reactions: K9F

K9F

I know where you're coming from Fuse5. I'ts amazing the difference between perceptions and mannerisms of people, I am not a great worrier and invariably operate under the mantra of 'If it ain't broke, no real need to rush out and fix it' that's why I suppose it took me over 2,500 miles before I got it tuned? The other side of the same coin of course are those that almost go into some sort of meltdown and couldn't even wait for the dealerships to get stock of the fuses so went and sourced their own from autopart stores. One day.....at the 5K service.

mark.lb

K9F - Please remember this is not some niggling little problem you can live with. It Is a SAFETY recall. A fuse/breaker failure can cause the engine to shut off while you are riding. Maybe when you expect it least and need a handful of throttle the most! It is a fuse. Replace it! It is free! It is easy!
(If you take your bike for service and it has not been corrected, Indian will make you do it. They do not want the liability)