Clutch Issue - 1st to 2nd gear

TravisLee21

So recently I have been having a slight issue with my clutch. It seems like my gear shifts between 1st to 2nd and vice versa are increasingly difficult. I know what a good clutch is supposed to feel like, and it’s not this.

i have a warranty through indian for my bike. Is this something that should be covered? If not, what can I expect to spend for a tune up or a new clutch?

TravisLee21

So recently I have been having a slight issue with my clutch. It seems like my gear shifts between 1st to 2nd and vice versa are increasingly difficult. I know what a good clutch is supposed to feel like, and it’s not this.

i have a warranty through indian for my bike. Is this something that should be covered? If not, what can I expect to spend for a tune up or a new clutch?
I have put about 6,600 miles on my bike from new.

ftwftr

This is a known problem. I thought I fixed the issue switching to the GSXR shift arm, but it's still there. 1-2 shifts and 5-6 shift are clunky and often end up in neutral or false neutral. I have a few more months on my warranty and I want to take it in but I have a feeling that Indian isn't going to acknowledge that there is a problem. There are a few threads on here about it. https://www.ftr1200forums.com/threa...sion-when-shifting-into-2nd-at-high-rpm.1292/