Code P1227. Low voltage on the ride by wire.

Rotten Rod

On and off. Engine light. Retarded the speed. Like 3000 rpm max. 0 to 50. Eventually. Took it in. No code. Dumb asses anyway. Couldn't find historic codes I guess. Got pissed and picked it up. No code. Drove out the shop onto the highway and immediately onto the shoulder. Fuck. So it wasn't the throttle position sensor(Sweetie Pie gots lots of sensors) or frayed throttle wires. Stripped her down and opened up the fuse box on the right hand side. There are 3 tall fuses. Lower right is 10amp skyscraper called ignition. SOB was loose. And leaning towards the rear. Right? So gun case foam can help here. Whew. Had me scared. Got the PV3. SC Project w cat cut off. Custom air box. It now runs better than ever. Crazy power.

Attachments

• ezyzip.zip
    77.9 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: Daz

Charliemurphay

I’ll have to look at mine again but I thought there was foam in the lid of the fuse box with cutouts to keep those things in place. I could be misremembering.

Rotten Rod

On and off. Engine light. Retarded the speed. Like 3000 rpm max. 0 to 50. Eventually. Took it in. No code. Dumb asses anyway. Couldn't find historic codes I guess. Got pissed and picked it up. No code. Drove out the shop onto the highway and immediately onto the shoulder. Fuck. So it wasn't the throttle position sensor(Sweetie Pie gots lots of sensors) or frayed throttle wires. Stripped her down and opened up the fuse box on the right hand side. There are 3 tall fuses. Lower right is 10amp skyscraper called ignition. SOB was loose. And leaning towards the rear. Right? So gun case foam can help here. Whew. Had me scared. Got the PV3. SC Project w cat cut off. Custom air box. It now runs better than ever. Crazy power.
Nope. Scratch that last one out. Yes there's already foam in fuse box. Mine has more now. Don't know why it was loose. Has a little vibration at 140 mph. Anyway, that trick w the fuse was a bust. I have something different that worked for me and I hope it can do the same for you. For me it is 100%. Tried it with stock and wild tunes. PV3.

With ignition button off, turn key on. SLOWLY throttle all the way open then slowly back off turn off key then turn back on and repeat the process three times. After completing said task, immediately turn key on start bike and rev it up, you're done. Thanks to my bone head son in law that came through with this old Chevy throttle sync trick. I was walking to the store to buy a gallon of gas and a match.
I've rode the piss out of it and no code. And no babying it. Jeez I hate that. Mine wasn't made to baby. Ride while you can. The end draws nigh.