Current draw when off

fugz

I have already changed the battery and its always on a tender. I just forgot to measure the current when changing it. I remember it sparking on the terminal when connecting. Which means it must be more than a few mA.
I'll take the cover off an get a DVM.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If you dont have any aftermarket accessories, then its little to none.

Some aftermarket turn signals draw current.

I never kept mine on a tender during the winters and it was always fine.

Max Kool

43 milliAmps?

(also how accurate is your tool, full scale is 20Amps in this picture, so you’re measuring in the margin of error)

Massimo

The scale is on 2Amps, 0.043Amps is 43 milliAmps ! How accurate my tool is I don't know but I bought it in the Netherlands, and you should know the only sell quality there ! :ROFLMAO:

Max Kool

The scale is on 2Amps, 0.043Amps is 43 milliAmps ! How accurate my tool is I don't know but I bought it in the Netherlands, and you should know the only sell quality there ! :ROFLMAO:
Serious, on a 14Ah battery that means it's run down after 350 hours (14 / 0.040 = 350). Assuming a bike won't start if the battery is below 30% that would mean your bike won't start after 10 days...

That can't be right. If I leave my bike in the garage for three weeks it fires right up, and a battery tender will quit after 10 minutes saying the battery is full...

Massimo

Serious, on a 14Ah battery that means it's run down after 350 hours (14 / 0.040 = 350). Assuming a bike won't start if the battery is below 30% that would mean your bike won't start after 10 days...

That can't be right. If I leave my bike in the garage for three weeks it fires right up, and a battery tender will quit after 10 minutes saying the battery is full...
Fluke, 1.6 mAIMG_20210416_201251068.jpg