Different type of tire replacement question.

I wouldn't skip the search function and post THIS question if it were not that my inquiry is much different. I have the 2019 Base model. I need new tires. I want long tread life and am not concerned with grip in rainy, wet conditions nor am I carving the curves or launching at a drag strip. I want tires that will preferably last longer than the originals did. My original tires were pretty worn at 2,800 miles.

R. Warshawsky

I wouldn't skip the search function and post THIS question if it were not that my inquiry is much different. I have the 2019 Base model. I need new tires. I want long tread life and am not concerned with grip in rainy, wet conditions nor am I carving the curves or launching at a drag strip. I want tires that will preferably last longer than the originals did. My original tires were pretty worn at 2,800 miles.
I put Scorpion II tires on at 6,700 miles. I now have over 19k on these tires.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Any sport touring tire will last. Switch to a 160/60 rear size.

You could put hd cruiser tires on it. It that’s silly.

Any sport touring tire will last. Switch to a 160/60 rear size.

You could put hd cruiser tires on it. It that’s silly.
A 160/60x18 is a littler wider and a little shorter than stock- I think the width would be an improvement in looks. Is there a better selection of tires in the 160 60 size?

I'm taking my bike to the dealer- Fox Powersports probably this Saturday to have the ABS recall tended to and the.....Gulp.....Coolant junction recall performed. I will take pics of my frame with the bike still on the trailer and in front of the dealership. I read some techs being careless damage the powder coating. I will ask to speak to the tech and offer him a $50 "Tip" for a non damaged frame. Some will think that's dumb but I don't want to do the job myself and obviously I don't want my pride and joy damaged. I am considering having the dealer replace my tires while there, but I have a feeling their price will be a lot higher than an independent. I usually remove my wheels and tires and carry them in for replacement, but I find paying for convenience has value only if it's not $$ robbery.