Exhaust help

JonM

Hi folks. I have a 2019 FTR 1200 S. Found this on Amazon. Should this work on my bike and should it work with keeping the factory Akrapovic mufflers?

Attachments

• F0B4B0FD-B4B2-47C6-A0B7-DD365E0C71A5.jpeg
    F0B4B0FD-B4B2-47C6-A0B7-DD365E0C71A5.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 13
  • A1EC88C0-B9B3-4E14-9E6A-A4AACBCD329B.jpeg
    A1EC88C0-B9B3-4E14-9E6A-A4AACBCD329B.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 85E5B218-1CCE-4BE4-88B1-BA0556C1F310.jpeg
    85E5B218-1CCE-4BE4-88B1-BA0556C1F310.jpeg
    328.4 KB · Views: 13

Max Kool

Super cheap and Chinese right? It’s hit or miss (often miss). Possibly won’t line up decently, or may crack over time.

Spend a bit more is my advice, and get the Akra, Toce, or Thomas Kopp midpipe.

ftwftr

I'm running a ebay chinese link pipe and have had zero issues. I didn't use the stock exhaust so I can't comment on that fitment, but it fit the head pipe and the exhaust hanger fine.

Attachments

• Indian.jpg
    Indian.jpg
    803.9 KB · Views: 19

FTR London

Pretty sure I have Chinese knock off flat track bars that impersonate ProTaper. Half expecting them to snap in two next time I pull a wheelie.

JonM

I'm running a ebay chinese link pipe and have had zero issues. I didn't use the stock exhaust so I can't comment on that fitment, but it fit the head pipe and the exhaust hanger fine.
Good to know, thank you. I pulled the trigger on the Akro link pipe. Over 3 times the price of the Chinese unit… Now I wait for new parts to arrive 🤑

Max Kool

Good to know, thank you. I pulled the trigger on the Akro link pipe. Over 3 times the price of the Chinese unit… Now I wait for new parts to arrive 🤑
Assuming you found a way to get a tune on your bike? (yes, it needs it with a cat delete)

JonM

I’m aware of this. The dealer told me it already has a tune when I asked about it… it was a while ago when we spoke over the phone but I think I remember he asked me if it “popped” when letting off the throttle. I said yes and then he said that meant it had a tune….
Should I seek another tune, is there a way of telling it’s been done?

Max Kool

Without contact with the previous owner (or whoever tuned it) you basically know nothing.

A tune for a bike with a cat is different than one for a bike without cat.

edgelett

the dealer may have just installed the Indian factory ECU update for all you know.
what's the idle speed?
and yes as Max said, different tune for cat vs no cat.

JonM

I’ll have to check the idle speed. I have the Lloyds tune in the cart… just need to figure out how to pass the purchase by the wife…

JonM

I’ll have to check the idle speed. I have the Lloyds tune in the cart… just need to figure out how to pass the purchase by the wife…
Bounces around a bit but sits at about 1200 when warmed up. And the tune has been ordered!

JonM

Update. Finally installed the Akro link pipe then shipped my ECU out for the Lloydz tune. That all came together today I and got out for a quick rip to check things out. I have to say it was absolutely magical. Silky smooth with more power. Pretty happy with the new sound too.
If anyone is on the fence about this modification I can tell you my only regret is not doing it sooner.