FTR 1200 Titanium Axle Sets

IWCREW

Hey all, I've been busy with my Indian Wrecking Crew FTR1200S RR Tribute build (Original Wrecking Crew post WWII). A supplier/manufacturer I'm working with wants to offer the FTR front and rear axles as a set for a discount, is anybody interest in a stronger lighter axles for their FTRs? Please let me know so I can pass it on. He will be offering most every bolt on the FTR in Titanium, I'm putting them all on my build. Chassis bolts, wheels/brakes, Engine cases/covers, and suspension he is making sets for them all to include a set drilled for racing. The IWC build is coming along, I have most of the parts but still waiting for the BST Candy Red wheels, Vortex sprocket and BrakeTech floating rotors. Will keep you up on the build... let me know about axles.

edgelett

stronger and lighter is always good, will depend on the price especially for those of us not in the USA.

IWCREW

Just received some bolts to fit. Check out these dimpled Titanium bolts and sprocket nuts. The manufacturer is making up sets in black, blue, silver with dimpled heads, plain and drilled for racing. Will post more pics as I get them in to fit.

Attachments

• Radiator_bolts.png
    Radiator_bolts.png
    527.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Rear_Sprocket_Nut.png
    Rear_Sprocket_Nut.png
    486.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Shock_Bolts.png
    Shock_Bolts.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Side_Cover_bolts.png
    Side_Cover_bolts.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 32

GQM

Those bolts look great! I would definitely be interested in the axles and a complete bolt set. I would love to see what the weight on one of these can be feasibly brought down to without making major compromise. Just finished the full Ti Akra exhaust last night and have previously removed a decent amount of weight already.

Attachments

• 20201120_005346.jpg
    20201120_005346.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 32
  • 20201120_004637.jpg
    20201120_004637.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34

IWCREW

Where did you find the carbon inner fender? I could find any so was going to fab my own (still will in red carbon/kevlar) to match the other parts I'm making.

Here's a close up shot of the BST wheels for my build and another pic of the titanium front caliper bolts.

Attachments

• Candy_Red_Carbon.jpg
    Candy_Red_Carbon.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Front_Caliper_bolts.png
    Front_Caliper_bolts.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 39

GQM

Where did you find the carbon inner fender? I could find any so was going to fab my own (still will in red carbon/kevlar) to match the other parts I'm making.

Here's a close up shot of the BST wheels for my build and another pic of the titanium front caliper bolts.

Power Bronze makes it. It's hydrodipped carbon print. Kinda lame, I would have gladly paid more for real carbon.

IWCREW

GQM thanks for the info. I'm going to make all the plastic pieces, counter shaft cover, small side covers, battery cover, chain guard, redesign front fender to be tighter, head light cowl, tracker tail section, and tank halves (reshaped so artwork can be smooth the entire length of the sides) and tank center piece out of carbon so will have molds to remake parts. I'll keep all in the loop on my progress.

Reactions: GQM

GQM

GQM thanks for the info. I'm going to make all the plastic pieces, counter shaft cover, small side covers, battery cover, chain guard, redesign front fender to be tighter, head light cowl, tracker tail section, and tank halves (reshaped so artwork can be smooth the entire length of the sides) and tank center piece out of carbon so will have molds to remake parts. I'll keep all in the loop on my progress.
Anytime! I would gladly purchase those pieces from ya.

Cheers,
Quinn