FTR with no power

Jimmy C

Can anyone offer some advice?
I rolled my FTR out of the garage after the winter. I turned on the key, the display came on I touched the start button whilst the full pump buzzing and it sounded like a fuse went I had no power and the bike was completely dead
I’ve checked the fuses in the fuse box and are all good then the 3 fuses under the battery and they are all good as well.
Hoping someone may know something .

So the screen won't turn on now? It would even at low voltage. How low is battery voltage?

The ECM has to see certain things connected to initialize, the screen itself not being one of them lol. I've gone through FTR harness a few times now and if your battery/fuses are all good and well we will have to go through harness, starting first at the ignition coil connections. Any mouse droppings where bike is stored (hint)? Not to scare you but rodents love the new plant based wire insulation used on all these vehicles now a days.

Any electrical modifications what so ever on your FTR? If so, what and where?

What is battery voltage and resistance (voltage can be fine but if impedance is high it means the volt drop is massive as soon as you put a load on the bad cell(s)? What fuses did you check and how? Gotta start there.

Last edited: