Hello from Atlanta

Beetle53

I purchased a leftover 2109 base model about a month ago. It has been fun riding bike and riding something different. In past I have ridden sport bikes and sport naked bikes. Looking forward to reading and learning from forum.

Attachments

• new 2019 indianFTR.jpg
    new 2019 indianFTR.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 11

Beetle53

Thanks, I was really surprised on how well the FTR rides and handles. My previous rides included speed triple, Ducati monsters, street fighter, Ktm SuperDuke 1290. I’m still breaking in the FTR . I’m getting 500 mile service today. So far I have been really impressed with it. My other bikes had more HP and top speed but the FTR is incredibly fun to ride. The low end torque is great. I do allot of mountain twisty riding and while it is not a focused as a sport bike like the others I’ve had. It can definitely hold its own in the mountains. That really surprised me. Even with the stock tires. I kept reading how bad they were but I’m finding they actually work pretty well. But keep in mind I’m still breaking in bike . I have not been above 6k in RPM. I’m looking forward to see what it does when I can push it more. It has plenty so far. What drew me to bike was the flat track styling. I also wanted to buy an American bike . The only other American bike I have owned was a buell xb9. I had no expectations for FTR to be sporty. I was looking for a bike that could do some light fire road riding and still be capable on the road. I have not had it on fire roads yeah. It I think it will be fine. It is a little heavy for off-roading but I think it is exactly what I wanted.
I’m really happy with my purchase and FTR has been such a surprise to me on its capabilities in the mountains. I’m really surprised it does not get more attention in reviews. It is a great around bike with exception of the small gas tank. I’m still figuring out my range but wish it was bigger like other standard bikes. A 4.5 gal tank would be wonderful. The only problem I’m having right now is that I’m looking to add more things to it😁. I have already purchased a tracker seat and cowl, RS foot pegs and staring at the RS wheels . It had me thinking maybe I should have purchased a S model but I do like the the old school dash on base model. Anyway sorry about long response but I’m very happy with FTR 😁

D

Deleted member 706

Welcome and thanks for the input. It's great to hear how it compares to the other bikes.