Hello from Duesseldorf / Germany

tomtom65

Hello folks,

I am a new FTR1200 rider from Germany; Duesseldorf area (West-Germany - nearby Cologne). Fell in love with the FTR1200 Rally when I saw it in the showroom in July this year. The lover affair continued during the test drive in August. I eventually got my FTR1200 Rally in Sep, but I have ridden only ~ 700 miles since then.

I was planning to swap my "old" BMW R1200 GS against the Indian (at least this is what I tild my wide when I got the Indian), but I figured out in the meantime that the Indian is not as versatile as the BMW. But is looks much better!!! The only thing that really annoys me is the small fuel tank.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys and getting some inspirations for tuning my Indian and making it look even cooler.

best regards
TomTom

Attachments

• IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0842.jpeg
    IMG_0842.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 30

Keles

Congratulations on your new Indian FTR .. It is correct with the tank .. 13 liters of petrol fit in. that's why I fill the tank up to the edge 😀. I have come to terms with it and driver until the tank is almost empty and also take a break at the same time. Depending on your driving style, this is between 160 and 210 km and then refuel and take a break😂 ... cannot be compared with a BMW comfort. That the butt slowly hurts after 150 km is also normal. That's why I had my seat cushioned. The FTR is something special and is a motorcycle that wants to be guided and driven like it used to be. it's a tough thing with character .. I got it at the end of September and so far have driven over 9000 km with a lot of fun and good humor. I wish you that too .. Greetings

K9F

Welcome from the UK. I have relatives in Kirchlengern Germany and was stationed not far from you on the Dutch border for 9 years, once at Laarbruch and another stint at Bruggen.

Murdock

Düsseldorf nearby Cologne ... don't let them hear that :ROFLMAO: .

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see that your dealer built a Rally Version from the S Modell. You're right, the BMW GS does everything a bit better than the FTR.
Everything? No, the FTR looks much better and gives you more individuality and emotions. (y):)

Wish always a safe ride
Oliver

Last edited:

Helge

Welcome from mid Germany too ✌️
Enjoy rides with the unique FTR and don´t compare:cool:
Maybe "mid of Germany riders" can do a ride in October on a sunny "indian summer day"(y)