Hello from East TN

Notaharley

I have stalked this forum for a little while now, and figured I'd better join in.

I have had dozens of motorcycles and my 4th Indian is this FTR. Just about done wearing out the stock tires at 3000 miles during the past 8 weeks or so.

I mostly ride around the TN/VA/NC area.

IMG_20220227_153525463_HDR.jpg

Notaharley

nice pic
3,000 in 8 weeks is pretty impressive
I like to ride ... Ride every chance I get. I change bikes about every other year.

This ftr is going to be quite expensive! Previous bikes got 10k miles on tires and didn't need valve service.

Fun bike.

Notaharley

Right. It’s better over here.
No matter what some say, there are specific divisions among riders.

I came from New England. Either you rode "American Iron" (Harley) or you don't ride with them.

My brother is a BMW guy. ATGATT and flourescent yellow helmets. All engineering nerds with no prayer of riding anything more than a gravel road that a Prius could navigate.

The SQUIDS....plenty here, mostly on KTMs. Full on race gear driving through residential neighborhoods like "real" racers, lol. At least one death per summer since I've been here.

The Cruiser crowd....don't care what you ride as long as it has chrome and is 1/2 ton.

When I park at the local gathering spot....I now have to park toward the sport side.

The crotch rockets gather, the nakeds are next. Then the occasional "adventure" bike.
The FTR stands alone between that side of the parking lot and all the Harleys and Indians, lol.

It's a funny experience. Wish you could see it. Happens every Sunday, lol.

FTR London

I have stalked this forum for a little while now, and figured I'd better join in.

I have had dozens of motorcycles and my 4th Indian is this FTR. Just about done wearing out the stock tires at 3000 miles during the past 8 weeks or so.

I mostly ride around the TN/VA/NC area.

View attachment 6232
Have you taken it up to Deals Gap yet?

Notaharley

Welcome from TX. You're like in the American Mecca of moto riding country.

I like being the odd man out when it comes to bikes. FTR fills that bill.
I am a motorcycle nut. I moved right here on purpose so I could be in the heart of motorcycle mecca :)

Truly amazing rides here. Seemingly endless and fantastic weather!!!