Hello from Far North Queensland, Australia

jeffgre_6163

Hi All
From Atherton, approximately 80kms inland from the Tropical Holiday capital of Australia, Cairns, in Queensland.
For record, one of the BEST places on earth to be a 'bike rider : )
I'm not an Indian owner , yet.
I'm fast approaching 60 with a life long love of all things motorcycling having owned about 28 of the things since I was 15. The list has included Japanese two stroke road bikes through Super bikes, motorcrossers, enduro bikes, Italian V twins etc etc
However... I have not had a bike for 8 years having sold my 2008 Buell Lightning Ss back in '12 to fund another blossoming sporting passion
Now I want back in.
The FTR looks as though it will fit my criteria nicely - Relatively powerful, naked, premium components, great modern tech, comfortable seating position [I am so over full on sport bikes] and best of all a bit quirky
Having owned a Buell [wished Id never sold it : (] Im looking for something kinda similar
Any down sides to the FTR I need to be aware of when comparing it directly to other nakeds on the market??

mark.lb

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA - USA! The only downside I see will be a lack of time for your other sporting passion. Once you get your FTR you won’t want to stop riding!

Reactions: K9F

K9F

Greetings from the UK. Depends realistically what you're after? An MT10 would be the bike to buy for out of the box performance and brutality but it wouldn't attract as much attention or discussion as the FTR and will inevitably be a lot more common.
In my circumstances the FTR ticked all the boxes my other steed (which is at the other end of the spectrum) couldn't reach for styling agility and uniqueness. Nevertheless it did have it's quirks and foibles that I decided I could live with. After 7 months of ownership and after much research I committed to getting it tuned by one of the two reputable FTR Tuners. The difference was profound, it has completely changed the bike to what it should have been when it left the factory. The inadequacies of the FTR standard tune are well documented as are the improvements to be had. Get it done sooner rather than later would be my advice.