Hello from Shanghai

Ray Tsang

I had just bought the first FTR1200S Carbon Version in China yesterday! I currently also own a Harley Deluxe and a BMW1200GS ADV, my garage is getting pretty full now. I was about to buy the Diavel S but as soon as I saw the new FTR Carbon, I changed my mind.

I have to say that the FTR is a very different bike then anything that I had owned to-date, and I do need some advise from this group on how to modify it. It is a great bike, with lots of power, smooth engine, etc etc... I am 5'8" and find the bike a little too tall for me...would love to find ways to lower it by 1-1.5inches. Would also like to change my tires to something more for road and allow me to lean with more confident, especially in the rain. Would also love to consider a new pipe, either AK or S&S. Love to get good suggestions!

Will look through all the past threads and am sure that I will learn a ton of experience from this group!

Happy riding!

NZ FTR

Hello and welcome from another new member.
I have found the tyres to be fine and I’ve had sticky sportsbike tyres on my other road bikes.
The traction control seems very reliable and trustworthy. Maybe try lower pressures.

Ray Tsang

Thank you all for the warm welcome...still thinking of how to customize the bike to fit me ;-)

There are probably less than 10 FTR1200 across the whole China, would love to learn more from the experienced group here!

EllenGtrGrl

Hello and welcome from Wisconsin in the USA! :)

I do not know who makes them, but I do know that there are lowering kits for the FTR1200. When I bought mine, I was told about them at the dealer I bought it from, since I am not able to completely flat foot on my FTR1200 (I decided not to buy the kit, since I did not want to spend the money on it).

Fuse5

Ray .. welcome over from europe.
You will find you own customized style ..as long you find style parts or created ones at your area
(import will be expensive in this times)

Ray Tsang

Hello and welcome from another new member.
I have found the tyres to be fine and I’ve had sticky sportsbike tyres on my other road bikes.
The traction control seems very reliable and trustworthy. Maybe try lower pressures.
Thanks NZ! I will probably use the tyre for 1-2K and see how I like it. It rains a lot in the summer in China, just wanted to make sure that they work well in the curves. Also love to lower the bike a bit by changing to 160/60/18 for the rear. Sounds like a good idea.