Hello from Winter Springs Florida. I recently purchased a leftover 2019 FTR 1200 S. Everytime I ride this thing, I am grinning underneath my helmet!

D

Deleted member 706

G'day from Downunder.
Are stocks of the 2019/20 running out yet?

ForTheRandy

Hi all from West Palm. Getting an FTR tomorrow. Question: Is it better to get the Standard and spec it out or get the S? My only big ticket items would be to get a catless exhaust and tune.

mark.lb

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!
I chose the S model primarily because of the lean angle sensitive traction control (IMU) and the fully adjustable shocks. I chose the Race Replica because of the overall looks. I own 4 street legal motorcycles and I generally don’t do a lot of performance modifications.
Some folks on the forum own very beautiful and heavily modified FTRs. Ferraiolo owns such a bike. It looks awesome and the performance is light years beyond a stock FTR. It all depends on what you have in mind for your personal bike.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I own four bikes as well, and always tell myself im not fixing it up or modifying it, and to my bank accounts dismay, i never stick to it lol

ForTheRandy

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!
I chose the S model primarily because of the lean angle sensitive traction control (IMU) and the fully adjustable shocks. I chose the Race Replica because of the overall looks. I own 4 street legal motorcycles and I generally don’t do a lot of performance modifications.
Some folks on the forum own very beautiful and heavily modified FTRs. Ferraiolo owns such a bike. It looks awesome and the performance is light years beyond a stock FTR. It all depends on what you have in mind for your personal bike.
Hi Mark, thanks very much for the response. You definitely gave me some things to think about!