Heyo! New rider from Florida

ntlag

Hey all, name's Jordan - reporting in from the treasure coast of Florida. Just picked up my 2023 Carbon a few weeks ago and happy to be a part of this community - these forums have already helped me out a few times.

I traded up from a 2016 s1000xr and from a Ninja 400 before that. I had been wanting to trade in my s1000xr for a newer BMW; I was really tired of being on my tippy toes, dealing with plastics, and the overengineering of the s1000. I was at the dealer to ride an R9T and R1250R, but my dealer also sells Indians - once I saw the newest FTR carbon colorway and got a chance to ride it, I knew I wanted it instead of a BMW. The few rider friends I have are all Harley guys, and of course they're all happy to see me on something American.

Really loving the bike so far, although I am dealing with some of the typical issues/quirks I have seen all over these forums. The battery was dead when I was about to take my test ride, cruising around 3/3.5k RPM is really choppy, and I've had a few stalls on cold starts. But those are minor things I can put up with or tune out. I'm otherwise very happy to be able to flat foot again, and not have a bunch of plastics to deal with.

Already installed the NRC fender eliminator and PUIG frame sliders. Slip-on is next in line, I'll probably keep it simple and go with the S&S. I am considering Lloydz down the road, but I am really hesitant to ship out my whole ECU, so I am considering the FM/PV3 tune.

Hope to see some of y'all on the road!

ftr.jpgIMG_3286.jpgIMG_3170.PNG