Indian original Tank Bag - some info

Murdock

As promised in a different thread, I took a few pictures of the tank bag for a small introduction of its features. Click pics to enlarge.

• The bottom is formed to fit perfectly to the middle trim of the airbag cover and the fuel cap. The material is not as soft as I would have expected but probably soft enough to not rub on the surface and stay save in place. The two side pockets definitely not waterproof and have holes to let the water out. Probably not the best place for your wallet or so.
    original 59.jpg

• The small bag on the top is large enough to put a large smartphone in, e.g. an iPhone PLUS. The zipper on the bottom is water resistent. In combination with its location I assume that no water will find the way inside. It is fixed to the tank bag with two straps, so it can be removed completely.
    IMG_3244.JPG IMG_3245.JPG

• The main zipper of the tank bag is not water proof and only protected by the overlapping material. Okay for light rain maybe but not for more. The volume of the bag can be extended by an additional zipper.
    IMG_3246.JPG IMG_3247.JPG

• Inside the bag there is an inlay. The opening is rolled together and the stitches are sealed, so it should be water resistent. I tried to make a photo of the tape that is ironed to the stitches but it is not visible on the pictures. It can also be rolled to the outside and be fixed with four retainers. It is connected with another zipper and some velcro stripes to the outer bag.
    IMG_3248.JPG IMG_3249.JPG IMG_3250.JPG IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3252.JPG

This all looks pretty good to me. Let’s wait what I think after the first season. :)

D

Deleted member 706

The tank bag is surprisingly usable, more so than the rear rack. I had intended to strap a small satchel on the rack but ended up wearing it on my back. IMG_20210115_135940.jpg