iPhone XSMax and USB don‘t work!

Anusch_s

Hi All,

when I connect my iPhone XS max vie USB on my(and zwo of my friends) FTR1200s, Ride Command goes into a permanent crash. Does anybody else have this issue.

I contacted Indian but they couldn’t tell me when they will fix it.
That kind of is a bummer since Ride Command is one of the big reasons why I chose the FTR over the competition.

wadejesu

I bought a used FTR S didn't get a manual, what can you do with a android phone?, I see on the menu you can pair it to bike.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Did you try connecting via Bluetooth?

Ride command was a bit of a novelty imo I unpaired my phone from the bike. Especially since your phone is right there on the handlebars. Just easier to use your phone screen vs the ride command screen.

What other bikes were you looking at that made such a simple feature the deal breaker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LD609315

I bought a used FTR S didn't get a manual, what can you do with a android phone?, I see on the menu you can pair it to bike.
My Samsung Android works on the Ridecommand. You can dial. The messages appear (no emails or WhatsApp) but my radio app keeps turning itself on and sometimes the phone beeps constantly.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Kenmosher

My iPhone XS works fine via bluetooth and if you plug it into the USB, it does freeze the display but I was able to cycle the key and it connected fine

my huawei p20 mate works solid with the screen! the only issue i had when i first bought the bike was with the music! and what i figured out was that the earplugs where with wire and when i had my phone paired with the audio on i was able to manipulate and change songs from the screen but still no sound in the earplugs.since i bougth a BlueTooth earplugs and have them paired with my phone everything works fine.