Looking for a 2019 stock header

Drew

I have a 2022 and I wanna get rid of my cat and want to replace it with a simple slip on piece, but my whole exhaust is welded, and I figure the easiest way is to replace the headers with the early years and the cat delete slip one piece. I know I’ll need a tune. Does anyone have a stock 2019 header lying around? Or should I buy a full exhaust system?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You will also need the rear head piece that requires you to remove your tank, you also loose a lot of lean angle with the 2019 header.

Thomas kopp makes a weld in cat delete pipe

Drew

You will also need the rear head piece that requires you to remove your tank, you also loose a lot of lean angle with the 2019 header.

Thomas kopp makes a weld in cat delete pipe
Yea, at that price, plus the labor, and the tune, I might as well buy a full exhaust system

kungfoojesus

I have a full 2019 exhaust system sitting in my basement, header, bread box, akro cans. Let me know if you want it cheap its just sitting here. Buy a different bike for lean angles the FTR rear is too far back to lean further but if you do track days you will end up in the tire pile with the 2019 header ngl. Its not really the header alone that is the issue but the street suspension combined with the 2019 header, people underestimate the compression load when getting on the brakes and squatting the bike then the header does more than scrape, it LEVERAGES the bike up off the front tire. The FTR's that lean further than the 2019 are kinda sketchy feeling. When you let up off the brake you'll feel it tip in a bit, kinda terrifying way to inversely trail brake and its because the bike is SO VERY LONG.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Not exactly.

The 22+ header was re designed to route under the bike more as the header scraping was one of the bigger complaints with the low slung 2019 header.

But with the slightly lower height of the 22+ bikes, putting the lower 2019 header on it makes it far worse.

Drew

Okay, y’all just talked me into buying a full exhaust system. I was really trying to save some money by just removing the cat and getting a tune, but with what I see price wise, plus labor and tune, it’s gonna damn near the same as buying a full system. Unless anyone on here knows someone in the Austin, Tx area that’ll cut and weld some pipe for a really good price, plus I still need to figure out that whole tuning situation, cause I’ve never done that and don’t know if I can download one from online and uploaded it to my bike, or if I’ll have to find someone that tunes bikes

Drew

For tuning https://www.lloydzgarage.com/pages/v6-ftr-flash they have remote shops or send in your ecu.

Or you can use fuel moto with a dynojet hand held tuner.

For welding, there are several custom mc shops in the Austin area I’m sure you will be able to find one easy.

Hahaha that’s what everyone says but no one ever points me to an actual location. Even when I talk to people at meet ups. I’m gonna have to start calling every shop that Google brings up, it’s like looking through the yellow pages

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
My buddy works with revival cycles. I’ll ask him if he knows any smaller shops that will do it.