New '22 Championship Edition here in San Diego, CA

itsnotajeep

Been looking at this bike for a year or so. I ride mostly on dirt with a KTM 500 and GasGas 300, but have been running on and off pavement with an '18 Africa Twin and MANY bikes before those. Fell in love with the looks on the FTR and finally pulled the trigger! It came straight home for the much needed first mods before clicking 10mi on the odo and now she's ready to ride! Thanks to all for the info I've gathered off the many posts I've read so far!

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 9.54.18 PM.png

aamike68

Just picked mine up a week ago and yeah its such a sick bike! I see you already did the baffle delete, im planning on doing the same soon, where did you get the rubber grommets? how are you planning on doing the break in period? nice and easy or ride it normal?

*edit* LOL disregard, I just saw your post regarding the grommets below lol.

itsnotajeep

Just picked mine up a week ago and yeah its such a sick bike! I see you already did the baffle delete, im planning on doing the same soon, where did you get the rubber grommets? how are you planning on doing the break in period? nice and easy or ride it normal?

*edit* LOL disregard, I just saw your post regarding the grommets below lol.
haha.....yeah....the baffle delete is definitely worth it if you don't mind the bike being noisier!:) I always do break in periods on my motors. Lots of schools of thought around it but in our kleenex society where people throw things away too readily, I think a lot of builders ignore the idea of keeping vehicles for a long time. So I take the better safe than sorry route.

jctp124

haha.....yeah....the baffle delete is definitely worth it if you don't mind the bike being noisier!:) I always do break in periods on my motors. Lots of schools of thought around it but in our kleenex society where people throw things away too readily, I think a lot of builders ignore the idea of keeping vehicles for a long time. So I take the better safe than sorry route.
My school of thought has always been, "Do what the engineers say, so that if it breaks, you can blame them and the company has to pay for it." Bike looks great too, always liked the red colored frames.

itsnotajeep

Kind of goes along with the phrase I learned racing dirt a long time ago: "If you wanna rock......leave it stock". Holds lots of truth here and there but sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.......

My school of thought has always been, "Do what the engineers say, so that if it breaks, you can blame them and the company has to pay for it." Bike looks great too, always liked the red colored frames.

aamike68

I see that you ordered a set of the CRG arrows, I just put an order in as well. Did you use the CRG spreader adapters? also by chance did you use the SATO inner bar weights? thanks in advance, the stock mirrors are so bad, I cant see behind me at all.

itsnotajeep

I see that you ordered a set of the CRG arrows, I just put an order in as well. Did you use the CRG spreader adapters? also by chance did you use the SATO inner bar weights? thanks in advance, the stock mirrors are so bad, I cant see behind me at all.
I went the Chinesium route and ordered some clones off Amazon to see if I'd like them. They work.....though the height is a little low for clearance for my hands. The factory mirrors seemed to work okay but I realllllly didn't like how they looked. I think the CRG's are in my future and I don't have any weights with these Chinese ones but haven't noticed much of a difference from the factory setup.

aamike68

I went the Chinesium route and ordered some clones off Amazon to see if I'd like them. They work.....though the height is a little low for clearance for my hands. The factory mirrors seemed to wor okay but I realllllly didn't like how they looked. I think the CRG's are in my future and I don't have any weights with these Chinese ones but haven't noticed much of a difference from the factory setup.
Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply! Btw I just took off the baffles today and wow it made such a big difference! Sounds awesome now.