New Convert

ciphfer

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing how your new FTR compares to your string of Ducati bikes. When I picked up my 22 Carbon, I looked long and hard at the Monster. I just loved the look of the FTR and gladly went in that direction. Still admire the Monster, but not enough room in the garage for 2 bikes.

Bomverh69

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing how your new FTR compares to your string of Ducati bikes. When I picked up my 22 Carbon, I looked long and hard at the Monster. I just loved the look of the FTR and gladly went in that direction. Still admire the Monster, but not enough room in the garage for 2 bikes.
To be fair the 1200 Monster is an all round better bike (in my opinion) although servicing on Ducati's can /is expensive if you don't do it yourself! But after the first long ride (220miles round wales) I'm not disappointed.
I made sure if filled it to max (felt like forever to do) before setting off to meet up with a few friends and staying in the 60 to 90 mph range and using the torque i got 135 miles before fuel light came on :)
I was riding with 1290 ,V4 tuono and MT10 super duke and bike didn't feel like it was out of its depth. Very enjoyable day although very Hot at 30c.

Only things i would change
1 i would prefer analogue rev counter and digital speedo but everything else(mine is base model so digital revs and analogue speedo)
2 front brakes to be bit more powerful ( might just need better pads)

No buyers remorse here.