New member in Essex UK

markyb812

Hello from Southend on sea ,
took delivery of my 1200s RR today, and waved good bye to my Indian red scout bobber.. not been on it yet as it pissing down lol … it can sit in the bike bubble until a nice dry day,
tail tidy and cat delete pipe from MSR fitted already, I'll will be working out how to look after the battery with a optimate tomorrow and fitting a 5x7 number plate … I can't wait for better weather!

K9F

Welcome from around the corner along the south coast. Underneath the left hand side panel there is an SAE connector already stored whereupon you can connect a battery tender to, all you need to do is dig it out. I extended mine along the frame up to the left hand side of the seat and just tuck it under there when not in use. On longer journeys I use an SAE to double USB adaptor to keep Sena comms and phone fully charged. Did you get the bike from The Foundry in Kent? MSR is only a couple of miles from where I live!

Last edited:

markyb812

Welcome from around the corner along the south coast. Underneath the left hand side panel there is an SAE connector already stored whereupon you can connect a battery tender to, all you need to do is dig it out. I extended mine along the frame up to the left hand side of the seat and just tuck it under there when not in use. On longer journeys I use an SAE to double USB adaptor to keep Sena comms and phone fully charged. Did you get the bike from The Foundry in Kent? MSR is only a couple of miles from where I live!
thanks for that I should have that fixed and charging In no time, well my closest dealer is krazy horse at welling where my bobber came from, but I was looking on ebay the other day and came across a great deal at HBC Nottingham where the youtube vlogger Dazzle Rebel rides works, and just like that I'm on a FTR..

K9F

Ironically you mentioned a bike bubble. I’ve got one of the outdoor ones from Carcoon. Great bits of kit first one lasted me the best part of 15 years plus!

markyb812

Ironically you mentioned a bike bubble. I’ve got one of the outdoor ones from Carcoon. Great bits of kit first one lasted me the best part of 15 years plus!

yep you just got to have one, I used to look at the condensation on the shinny bits and engine on my scout bobber and despair, I was always wiping it and spraying it all over with wd and silicon lol , then I got on ebay again and got myself a Icover from chameleon Colchester. think I paid £175, problem solved

Reactions: K9F

K9F

ACF50 is IMHO one of the best corrosive inhibitors. Only way to describe it is WD40 on steroids. Not cheap over here at ballpark £12 - £13 a spray can but you only need to use it once or twice a year. I don’t use it in the Summer as dust and pollen sticks to it but it cannot be emphasised how good this stuff is. My garage being as small as it is I only have room for one bubble, the FTR gets the ACF50 treatment and lives under a light cotton sheet which seems to be ok in an unheated garage. The FTR is usually a daily commuter and in all year use when the weather permits.

SURLY

thanks for that I should have that fixed and charging In no time, well my closest dealer is krazy horse at welling where my bobber came from, but I was looking on ebay the other day and came across a great deal at HBC Nottingham where the youtube vlogger Dazzle Rebel rides works, and just like that I'm on a FTR..
When you get your battery charger make sure its canbus suitable my dealer made a big fuss about this but he was selling me the charger at the time so could be bullshit.

markyb812

When you get your battery charger make sure its canbus suitable my dealer made a big fuss about this but he was selling me the charger at the time so could be bullshit.
yes just looking at my optimate 4 charger, its two function standard and can bus I've got to switch it over by connecting the + - together with the ac disconnected, I'll let you know if it works