New to Forum

Pmcb41

Hello, I’m new to the forum but have ridden my entire life. Got my motorcycle license the day I turn 16 in Joliet I’ll. That was 43 years ago. I have owned, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, Ural, and am on my second Indian. The first was classic that had Dirty bird fairing, tractor seat..... now I am on a 2019 FTR 1200s. I use as daily driver. I used to work for Indian at their now closed Spearfish Custom paint facilit. If you travel to Rallies could have met me at Daytona 2019, National Riders roundup in Mississippi or of course Sturgis in my back yard. I supervised the painting of most of the Jack Daniels Bikes and many LE’s.
Best vacation ever was riding Yellowstone along with one of my sons in 2019. Planning trip to visit another son in LA next summer, long road trip for FTR.

Pat

Last edited:

mark.lb

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!
I recently purchased a 2021 Vintage in late September from Pitt Cycles the same dealership where I purchased my FTR-RR in May 2019. At that time they had a 2021 Jack Daniels Limited Edition Roadmaster Dark Horse on the showrooms floor. The paint job on that Roadmaster was exceptional. You guys do unbelievable work. The paint on my Vintage is also striking....9E5A4746-3BDE-4D07-95CA-8F007EBE67CE.jpeg628BD700-7200-4368-AF05-F4C51D476CC1.jpeg

Last edited:

Pmcb41

The frames were powder coated, but it would not be hard to have one painted blue. We experimented with a lot of things that I cannot speak of but there is a lot that could be done to an FTR very simply because of how few parts are actually painted.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If only there was that shade of blue on the frame of the FTR......
indian did make an FTR for 2021 with that color blue frame, there were pics posted somewhere on here or the facebook group of them.

I think it was a trial run.