Passenger peg eliminator block off

D

Deleted member 677

Does anyone know if there is a passenger peg eliminator kit available? To make a proper flushed out look. And an exhaust hanger for the right side Or at least a decent looking pair of passenger pegs? I know R&G has a left passenger delete with exhaust hanger on the website. But it has been unavailable as long as I have owned the FTR. Indian makes a seat cowl, for a clean solo look. But it defeats the purpose with the rear pegs. With the Flat track, racing heritage Indian promotes for the FTR, I would think sombody would make something.

D

Deleted member 706

Thanks for posting I was looking at the rear pegs and asking myself what to do about it.
I was even thinking about the grinder...:devilish::ROFLMAO:o_O:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 677

As far as nice passenger pegs goes, I have found these from Wunderkind in Germany. But I would rather delete them all together. I am very close to grabbing the angle grinder as well! If Ryan at Lloydz gets a tune to work with my bike, so I can go with the Toce undertail, then I will spare the right side. But its getting close to being the next shop fab day for me!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200920-014405_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200920-014405_Chrome.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 706

So after having another look the left side is easily removed simply by unbolting it. The right side can also be removed because I'm putting a Bassani low level slip on muffler on the bike an that appears to have a different mounting bracket. I hope peg removal is a s straight forward as it seems to me right now.
It's a shame the seat cowl is so expensive.

EDIT:
I found this and snipped it out of a video clip, looks like I can simply unbolt the pillion pegs.

Bassani bracket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 677

Yes, the left is easily removed. But I was kinda wanting something like R&G has that fills the void and flushes up the space left. I will probably also just remove it for now and find some black plugs for the bolt holes. Then the grinder will have to make its appearance on the right.

It seems like I saw a pic here somwhere of the final result of grinding off the peg mount on the right side. I will have to search that one again.

D

Deleted member 706

Yes, the left is easily removed. But I was kinda wanting something like R&G has that fills the void and flushes up the space left.

Here's the void on the left hand side. Initially I must just put a couple of shorter Allen screws in there.IMG_20200920_152627.jpg

D

Deleted member 677

That works! Looks better with them off for sure! I just know once mine are gone, I'm gonna want the Indian solo seat cowl...and that babys $400!! Why Indian!?

D

Deleted member 706

I just went to the local Repco store and picked up some upholstery trim stuff and the holes are now blanked off. Now I'm hanging out for the Bassani slip on, they won't process the order until Monday US east coast time.
The seat cowl is silly numbers in Aussie dollars...
I can't justify it