Seat Recovering

Gene Hunt

Are there any UK members who can recommend a good place to have my stock seat recovered?

I'm happy with the comfort, but I want it recovered in brown to match the saddleback. I was originally looking at the Aviator Seat but the geometry is slightly different to the stock seat giving the rider less room to move back on the bike.

K9F

Yes 100% absolutely.

These guys:

Motorbike Seat Upholstery - Herbert & Ellison Upholstery (Stockbridge, Hampshire)

I have used them twice and will be using them again to replicate the Corbin Gunfighter seat for my FTR at a fraction of the cost from the USA with the foam density, leather, seam style, stitching and gel inserts of my choice. Their last job for me was when I bought a fiberglass seat base from Thunderbike in Germany and got them to build me a seat from scratch. Whilst there are now more resilient coverings available being a traditionalist with a bit of a fetish I still stuck to two different grains of top quality leather, which of course needs feeding and a little TLC once a year.

seat1.jpg

seat2.jpg

seat3.jpg

Those with a keen eye may spot the 1977 Suzuki GT750 two stroker behind the grey car. It was in pristine condition. Picture was taken at Goodwood Race Track.
seat4.jpg

Gene Hunt

Thanks for the info.

They were on my short list, but it's good to actually get a recommendation from someone who has used them.

K9F

Whoever you choose ideally it is best to visit in person if practical to discuss requirements and materials and see them in the flesh, nevertheless if it is a straight forward recover maybe sending an exact swatch of the color you desire so they can get an exact match is a good idea? Herbert & Ellison are about an hour and a half from me and lock down is obviously preventing any such visit. I do know they were booked up about 6 weeks in advance prior to lock down so my own planned alterations may just have to wait until the end of the forthcoming riding season?

K9F

Their work is outstanding nevertheless their administration skills not so good IMHO. Also not sure how lock-down is affecting their business?