Shut down issue.

donlycan

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a shut down while riding? Purchased my '19 RR new last Oct. Currently has under 200 miles. On 2 recent rides near the end of the ride when dissengaging the clutch to downshift, the bike just turns off. Let the clutch out to jump start with no luck. Pulled the clutch in, turned off the key, turned the ignition back on, hit starter button, and starts right up. Very confusing!!

K9F

Nothing new and experienced by several. A tune from one of the two reputable dealers will sort this if you have had the breaker recall done that supposedly was linked to this very issue?

donlycan

Nothing new and experienced by several. A tune from one of the two reputable dealers will sort this if you have had the breaker recall done that supposedly was linked to this very issue?
I have Ryan's Secret Sauce and Indian shows no recalls on my bike.

K9F

Unusual. Shame you don't have the facility to log files and send them off. Dealership sounds like your only option?

donlycan

Unusual. Shame you don't have the facility to log files and send them off. Dealership sounds like your only option?
When I left for Biketoberfest last year there was a Dealer in Memphis, when I returned home it was closed! lol Ryan is very helpful and willing to work with me. I just wondered if others had this issue. It's pretty disconcerting. I only rode my bike 20 miles before getting tune installed, so I have no basis to compare.

K9F

As mentioned others have experienced it. One of which ditched the bike and moved to another brand as a result. Ryan it is then, good luck!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Check the fuses under your Battery and the breakers under the fuse panel to see if the recall was actually done