So what colour are your stock wheels?

Sullaha

So @ferraiolo1 said his wheels were black before he tastefully chose a different colour to powder coat them, I said that'll make them stand out better than the charcoal grey colour they are now, he said "they're black!".
What do you all think?? I'm aware there may be differences between models, colourways, and markets so for reference mines a Euro spec RR.
I've attached evidence to support my argument, lets see yours...

Attachments

• 20200214_183549.jpg
    20200214_183549.jpg
    747.2 KB · Views: 25

Sullaha

I should qualify my viewpoint, I'm a printer by trade and did a lot of colour matching back in the day.

Max Kool

In that case, remove the wheel, clean it thoroughly, get the right color fluorescent tube lights in your mancave, and then judge? We're looking at a dirty wheel here... 💁‍♂️

Sullaha

No we are not, I'd just started cleaning it. I also checked it inside (out of the sunlight) against the front guard, it's not black.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yours are just dirty and hazy. Right after I bought my bike I took rubbing compound to my wheels and polished them. They are supposed to be black :)

Attachments

• CE2E21F1-5316-4ACA-82DE-86408D3A5BC1.png
    CE2E21F1-5316-4ACA-82DE-86408D3A5BC1.png
    12.6 MB · Views: 12

Max Kool

Camera phone, color corrected so bad the tire and the brake rotors look brown, wheel still wet, dust/dirt visible on the left side of the pic, not waxed up. I give up....

Sullaha

Camera phone, color corrected so bad the tire and the brake rotors look brown, wheel still wet, dust/dirt visible on the left side of the pic, not waxed up. I give up....
It's how they appeared to my eyes at the time and why I took the pic and started the thread, are you here to give your opinion on the colour of YOUR wheels or just trying to undermine the opinion I've based on my perception?

Max Kool

No I have never seen your bike, so how can I be 100% sure, right? But the picture you are posting is off-color.... and you specifically asked for an opinion....🤦‍♂️

What do you all think??

All the new FTR's I have seen have black wheels. Take out a rag and some wax, buff it up and look again? Else go to your dealer and ask them what is going on.