Sprocket recommendations

D

Deleted member 706

I have a 2019 FTR base model, I originally planned to put a 45 tooth sprocket on it but decided to go with the 43 tooth sprocket and I'm really happy with it. It definitely improves the gas mileage.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 706

@Max Kool
Oops...
I just edited it, I skipped the planned 45 and went with the 43.
The reference to the 41 is I believe that's what they're using in the Super Hooligans series. Having done a couple of accidental 2nd gear roll offs on the 43 tooth I'd be happy to try 41 on the road, it might be just fine out here in the West. I used to have very tall gearing on the FXR, it was a bit of a pain in slow traffic. Feathering the clutch is not hard at all.
As a side note I pissed a lot of people off on the FXR, it had a bombed motor and open ignition so I could frequently get to the front of the pack in 4th gear... 😈

Max Kool

I tried the 45 (which was ok except for in tight canyons), and I can't see the 43 (or 41) rear sprocket to be any fun on the 2019 FTR. It just loves revs.

D

Deleted member 706

We have a few roads in the hills behind Perth where I use 3rd and 4th mainly but most of the time it's flat straight and boring.

Coppernico

I have a 2019 FTR base model, I originally planned to put a 45 tooth sprocket on it but decided to go with the 43 tooth sprocket and I'm really happy with it. It definitely improves the gas mileage.
Did you loose any torque on lows??

D

Deleted member 706

Did you loose any torque on lows??
I haven't lost any torque but it has shifted the torque up the ground speed range. It's not so quick off the line anymore, the most noticeable difference is in the fuel economy, I get more range out of each tank full.