Trickle charger?

JonM

Thank you. I spoke with the service department at an Indian dealer today. He clarified that plugging the bike in at all times is a great idea and won’t hurt anything but it is not practical for most people. He said if you’re riding 2-3 times a week you should not have to worry about anything. He said that if the engine light comes on with misfire codes it is likely to clear itself after 2-3 start/run cycles. If it’s doesn’t after 3-4 it should be looked at. I was also told that they offer the Lloyds tune through another shop when I’m ready.
please don’t take what I put here as verbatim as I’m trying to remember everything he said from earlier today. He was very helpful and offered a lot of insight into this motorcycle and my specific questions. as well as thank you to everyone who has added in here to my query.
Safe riding 🤘🏼

Charliemurphay

Thank you. I spoke with the service department at an Indian dealer today. He clarified that plugging the bike in at all times is a great idea and won’t hurt anything but it is not practical for most people. He said if you’re riding 2-3 times a week you should not have to worry about anything. He said that if the engine light comes on with misfire codes it is likely to clear itself after 2-3 start/run cycles. If it’s doesn’t after 3-4 it should be looked at. I was also told that they offer the Lloyds tune through another shop when I’m ready.
please don’t take what I put here as verbatim as I’m trying to remember everything he said from earlier today. He was very helpful and offered a lot of insight into this motorcycle and my specific questions. as well as thank you to everyone who has added in here to my query.
Safe riding 🤘🏼
Sounds like that dealer knows what’s up.

S2Davies

When I got my '19 in early '20, the dealer actually supplied a tender with the bike because they said they had a bike in once for some long term work and found that the battery did drain slightly over a period of time. You have got to love a free gift. So whenever I park up longer that a few days, the bike goes on the tender and I too am still on the original battery 😃

mark.lb

Please forgive my ignorance but I’m not really sure what all of that means. I understand the premise of all these things but I’m not sure how to look it up or ask the bike shops. Are these things I can buy or do I ask my dealer to do this? I’m pretty capable of doing mechanical work. I live in Ontario Canada. Perhaps you can share some links? I try doing searches on this forum but sometimes there’s tons or responses and I get lost pretty quick.

JonM: This is the Lloyd'z Garage website. https://lloydzgarage.com/