Vanity Plates

John-FTR17

My side plates came with dealer installed side plates when I bought mine with the number "17" on side plates so I was thinking of something like "FTR 17" or you could do something that represents "My FTR" or "FTR1200" is just some common ones that may not be taken in some states. Just some thoughts. (y)

Fuse5

still nice ones what you got..
southern australia.. how much that was? (it´s possilble to get the old black one?)
Would like to have the bear on..:) (would`nt fit on a FTR:D)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 2

edgelett

still nice ones what you got..
southern australia.. how much that was? (it´s possilble to get the old black one?)
custom plates are pretty expensive here - $255 for the first initial buy, then $200 a year to keep them.
the original ones that come with new bikes/cars here are white with black lettering.
customising allows you to change the colour of the plate and letters as well as what they say but there are limited colour options for bikes.

haha can't send you the old one sorry - I'm required to keep it in case I miss a payment and have to change it back

S2Davies

,just to add to the UK cherished plate display :cool:

Attachments

• FTR - Meet Up (1 of 2).jpg
    FTR - Meet Up (1 of 2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
custom plates are pretty expensive here - $255 for the first initial buy, then $200 a year to keep them.
the original ones that come with new bikes/cars here are white with black lettering.
customising allows you to change the colour of the plate and letters as well as what they say but there are limited colour options for bikes.

haha can't send you the old one sorry - I'm required to keep it in case I miss a payment and have to change it back
Here in Victoria you can buy and sell the plates on the open market. The plate “FTR” has been on eBay for months at $950 I must admit to nearly buying it after a few beers but I can’t really justify paying that so have resisted so far

edgelett

Here in Victoria you can buy and sell the plates on the open market. The plate “FTR” has been on eBay for months at $950 I must admit to nearly buying it after a few beers but I can’t really justify paying that so have resisted so far
yeah you can sell them on the open market here if you own them (but you have to pay a fee annually to own them)
I've seen certain custom plates for sale for thousands.