2019 vs 2022 fueling

Topsy

I'm interested in buying an FTR and from what I've read, the fueling on a stock 2019 model can be less than desired. Was the 2022 model improved any or is it about the same? Thanks

edgelett

yes the 2022 runs a lot smoother, having said that it also benefits from a tune (especially if you're replacing the full exhaust).
but my hubby has had his 2022 since March and it hasn't had any of the stalling issues my 2019 had

pushit

Depends on what you mean by fueling issues. The '22s still have surging issues at 3-4k rpm
About once every couple months mine stalls, in motion, usually in 2nd gear

pushit

Not as disappointing as paying near $20k for a bike only to have to give $500 more to some random guy on the internet to get it to run right.
Mine was bought may '21 as a '22 model, as far as I know there hasn't been a software update from indian in that time.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s better. But not 100% better. But like most high compression bikes, they can almost all benefit from a tune to make lower rpm shudder and throttle cut less intrusive.

the 22 even tuned has a tamer midrange than the 2019 though. As they did change some intake and fueling components.

I prefer riding my 19 over my 22.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Lol right. FAR from random, has been around polaris ecus from the beginning.

and not just on the internet. You can go to his shop and have him tune it, he just gives you the convince of doing it over the internet if you don’t live near him.

Walrus

I haven't experienced any fueling issues or surging on my base model 2022. Have Toce full exhaust and Llyods tune since I got it. Maybe that's why - or the gremlin is lurking and waiting to blindside me at the perfect worst moment.