2021 FTR Carbon owner... #078

WiscoFTR

Loving this bike, number 078, ran awesome all the way home on a 110 mile trip, next day ran great, 3rd day it doesn’t matter where the throttle is it, surging at any rpm. Smooth as long as I’m on it! Does seem to matter what mode I’m in! Sport is better but still there! This is bull shit, brand new and runs like crap Unless on it! It acts like a spark plug is fouling at a lower rpm or bad coil spark! I’m super disappointed that Polaris would sell it like this!

Attachments

• B16544F3-1FA0-4AE2-95EA-DB2394005C4E.jpeg
    B16544F3-1FA0-4AE2-95EA-DB2394005C4E.jpeg
    186 KB · Views: 18

Fuse5

We are back in 19?
Thought it would be better now from the manufacturer without optional tune´s.
Sounds like a mistake again..

Charliemurphay

I’ve been seeing people talk about some sort of “tune calibration” with turning off the cylinder deactivation and letting it idle for like 10 minutes? Only been seeing people refer to it in regards to the 22’s and it sounds silly to me. But who knows…I’d say get a tune and your problems will be solved.

Max Kool

We are back in 19?
Thought it would be better now from the manufacturer without optional tune´s.
Sounds like a mistake again..
Ok, first I never rode the 2022, and the stories I heard said it’s much better than a stock 2019. However, perfect it’s not. Like 90% of motorcycles…

@Charliemurphay I never heard of that about these bikes.

Last edited:

WiscoFTR

Well I rolled over 500 mile yesterday. I tried several things during the last 2 tanks full of fuel and think bad fuel was the issue. When I was having the majority of the surging issues it was on a tank of fuel from a different k trip than I normally use and I believe it was bad gas! it has smoothed out since that tank full ran out. The surge is still there but not that bad now and only when holding steady at certain rpms. I tried a few things and noticed that if I start it in sport mode and take traction control off and let it warm up to operating temp. then it’s perfect! Hardly any surge at any rpm! Any other mode with TC on and its worsens. Everything also seems better with a fresh oil change too.... A tune may not be needed after al! Time will tell!

WiscoFTR

Not sure, probably just coincidental but who really knows, just glad it’s better again. I‘m gonna say bad gas, I’ve had cars do the same on crap fuel until the tank ran down and mixed with something better. Definitely not an engine that will run well on low octane fuels so just a little water in the fuel probably made it run like crap! It still had a ton of power and was fun as long as I was on it, like most of the time.... hahaha this bike is so damn fun!