2022 Exhaust/Header options

Staedtler

sorry to dig up the old post but what will be the usage of the rubber grommets at 6 o'clock if they are not used to hold the baffle? just asking out of curiosity...
They plug a hole that used to allow access to the Allen bolt that holds the baffle in. I heard EU didn’t like how easy it was to get the baffles out as a factory offering so Indian were forced to rotate the bolt by 60degs, hence why we now need to drill another hole to get the out…

They plug a hole that used to allow access to the Allen bolt that holds the baffle in. I heard EU didn’t like how easy it was to get the baffles out as a factory offering so Indian were forced to rotate the bolt by 60degs, hence why we now need to drill another hole to get the out…
okay... that's new..lol. so actually that hole being covered by the bung doesn't really do anything at all... i might just use it to cover the hole i am going to drill on 8 o'clock then as it actually going to be for the real bolt. Thanks for the info!

Staedtler

okay... that's new..lol. so actually that hole being covered by the bung doesn't really do anything at all... i might just use it to cover the hole i am going to drill on 8 o'clock then as it actually going to be for the real bolt. Thanks for the info!
There are a few videos out there on YouTube that explain what to do to remove the baffle, a quick search should help you

Drew

Are you sure about this? I was looking at a 2022 today and the exhaust tip is different on the Akras (from the 2019-2020 models). I am about to buy one but wanted to know if the hole at 8 O'clock technique works on the 2022 models. Another member on here mentioned that he was going to do this on his 2022 but had the dealer do it for him and noted that on the 2022 they spot weld the baffle as well as the bolt. Can anyone confirm that because if that is the case I may just order a Toce slip-on at the same time as I order my bike becasue I know that sewing machine sound is going to bother me before I get it home.
It works I did it to my 22 Carbon