2022 front wheel spacer (for Wheel speed sensor)

tsb996FTR

I had to replace the left fork on my '22 carbon. When mounting the wheel - the Wheel Speed sensor is binding. Is there a spacer on the left side (between WSS and wheel? Any diagrams out there? thx

djbrennan

For some reason the front wheel diagram wont post. Just go the the Indian website and look at the parts fiche for 2022 carbon. It doesn't look like there is anything between the wheel and the WSS.

tsb996FTR

I did see this diagram. I also saw a post (on this forum) that there is a spacer... I have tried to mount this a few times and the WWS is getting "pinched". thanks for the reply

tsb996FTR

There is no missing/wheel spacer. I was assuming the front Metzeler tire was mounted in the traditional direction pattern (like the rear). however, if mounting in traditional direction - the red bearing seal (with wheel speed indicator bands) is on the right side - which is wrong!. flipped the wheel and all goes together (WSS fits inside wheel against RED bearing seal) - and the tire is now in reverse direction. not sure if the Indian did this or previous owner (bought the bike w 5k miles)... live and learn...

Report Edit Delete

Charliemurphay

I have a printed version of the service manual and it includes 2022 machines. The digital pdf version being passed around is only for 2019’s.