2022 ftr footpeg removal

I bought the wunderkind pegs but using the stock brackets, for the life of me I can't figure out how to take off the old ones, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the spring out if the hole but don't know where to go from here

Attachments

• IMG_20211205_154814668_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211205_154814668_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26

edgelett

you need to undo the pin that is going horizontal through the spring.
there's a clip that you need to take off, it's a complete pain in the arse and will involve a very small flathead screwdriver and some hooks.

edgelett

no - there's a pin they goes horizontally through the footpeg. at the end of that is a small metal clip that stops the pin from sliding through.
you need to get that off in order to get the pin out then the footpeg comes off.

Attachments

• 20211206_120255.jpg
    20211206_120255.jpg
    638.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 20211206_120300.jpg
    20211206_120300.jpg
    777.9 KB · Views: 27

edgelett

Once you get that off, the whole footpeg including spring will come out easy.
keep the spring, pin and demon hell clip and reuse them all with the new footpegs

noksterism

Those demonic :devilish: retaining rings can be removed easily with the right tool. Try retaining ring pliers on Amazon.

Here's a helpful video I found:

cupcake_mike

Those demonic :devilish: retaining rings can be removed easily with the right tool. Try retaining ring pliers on Amazon.

Here's a helpful video I found:

The stock footpegs don't use the type edgelett posted, those are her aftermarket rear sets. The stock ones are literally a tiny wire key ring. Best way to remove them is use a pick to catch the edge, then unwind it. If you are careful you can reuse it. I drilled a hole in mine (passenger pegs) and placed a cotter pin. My front pegs are rsd ones and came with their own retaining rings. It is a bit easier if you remove the whole peg hanger and do it on the bench.

Last edited: