Aftermarket parts

Skiddemon

Hello all. New member/owner here. I have a few plans to make some aftermarket parts to fit the FTR. Including; skid plate, license plate relocation bracket, hand guards, cat delete pipe, and radiator guard. I was wondering what the market interest looks like for these parts. They will be laser cut and tig welded out of aluminum and steel right here in Nashville USA by me. Pricing will be competitive and they will be made in small batches until I can get full production started. Would anyone Be interested in buying these? Is there any other parts people have been demanding that I would be capable of making with a laser cutter, press brake and welder. Please let me know.

cupcake_mike

Damn, i would, but i already bought some from across the pond. I'm sure you could sell em, especially if you branch out to other makes/models (not a ton of FTRs on the road).

John-FTR17

I would be interested in a Denali Soundbomb mounting bracket, a skid plate, Headlight Rock Guard, Engine crash bars, accessory mounting bracket to add auxillary lights and Radiator guards to replace stock junk.

Skiddemon

I would be interested in a Denali Soundbomb mounting bracket, a skid plate, Headlight Rock Guard, Engine crash bars, accessory mounting bracket to add auxillary lights and Radiator guards to replace stock junk.
Soundbomb is a great idea. I was gonna throw one on my bike anyways. Might be able to do a headlight guard and auxiliary light mount too. Thanks man

John-FTR17

I actually ordered the 1 piece Denali Soundbomb but it ended up being too big to find a fitment location so I sent it back and got the 2 piece. I will put compressor where oem Horn mount is, then put the horn piece just back next to engine where there is a screw hole for custom bracket to attach to.

Skiddemon

Yep that’s what I was thinking. Just make sure you face the horn opening down and rear wards. Or it fills up with water

Ataman888

I am in for protection package (skids and radiator guards etc). There aren’t any on the market USA based at least, so good market opportunity

D

Deleted member 677

I have seen pics of a crash cage prototype from Impaktech. I had one of their stunt cages and sub cage on my MT-09. Strong as hell! But I have emailed them 4 or 5 times, with no response. I figured since they are in California, they still must not be "essential" enough to be allowed back to work. But they make good quality, USA made crash protection. If that becomes an option.

Ataman888

Yep. I reached out to these guys a bit ago. They are mop planning to mass produce anything for ftr

——————————————

Hey,

We will not be making any products for the FTR 1200
Son Tran - CEO
I[email protected]
Phone: (951)233-7335
——————————————-

D

Deleted member 677

Wow! That's good to know! Thanks for posting that response.I am glad I didn't sit around waiting for them to make something. I will stick with my R&G sliders I guess.

VeggieHotson

Hello all. New member/owner here. I have a few plans to make some aftermarket parts to fit the FTR. Including; skid plate, license plate relocation bracket, hand guards, cat delete pipe, and radiator guard. I was wondering what the market interest looks like for these parts. They will be laser cut and tig welded out of aluminum and steel right here in Nashville USA by me. Pricing will be competitive and they will be made in small batches until I can get full production started. Would anyone Be interested in buying these? Is there any other parts people have been demanding that I would be capable of making with a laser cutter, press brake and welder. Please let me know.

Any word on making parts? Looking for skid plate and other guards. I've seen you don't have Facebook (agree it sucks but kinda needed to get the word out). Do you have any other social media or a website?

John-FTR17

I would be interested in skid plate for sure.

I mounted an aftermarket Denali dual split horn and it works really nice but I had to improvise home made brackets so if you could make mounting brackets for that horn and compressor I could send you pics of my set up and know others would want it also.

Skiddemon

Any word on making parts? Looking for skid plate and other guards. I've seen you don't have Facebook (agree it sucks but kinda needed to get the word out). Do you have any other social media or a website?
Sorry for the delay I haven’t been checking this page. I have a small batch of plate mounts ready for powder coat and I’m working on making a skid plate but it’s difficult finding good mounting points. I have an Instagram @nevercryshitwolf I’ll post some parts on there and the link to eBay once I have them ready