Airbox Bezel phone mount?

YMOS069

Heya! im a newbie to this forum und just got my 2019 base model FTR. i already found answers to alot of common questions regarding alternative tires, slip ons, etc. but one question/idea is regarding utilizing the upper airbox cover (with the indian tag, just underneath the speedometer) as a phone mount, since size and location wise it seems pretty ideal and its an (almost) plane surface. i found a thread for a tank ring mod but not for putting your phone there. has anybody tried placing their phone mount on the upper airbox cover or can point me to a related thread? thank you from Berlin/Germany!

Helge

Hey
No answer to your question sorry but Willkommen und viel Spaß mit Deiner FTR 🖖
A trip to Berlin to do a night ride is still on my agenda

edgelett

on the airbox would be in the way when you're leaning to go round corners surely? handlebar mount is better.

Max Kool

Sure sure, it's literally two bend strips, a nut a bolt and a grommet... (and a piece of plastic to cover the rear side).

IMG_9128.jpegIMG_9129.jpeg

YMOS069

Heya! hope everyone had quiet and peaceful holidays. after reading all of the replies i think the phrasing of my question was a little off. the "official" name of the part i was thinking to put my phone on seems to be the airbox (top) bezel. ill attach an image of how i would like to have it. any phone would just fit perfectly there, the only things that get in the way are the slight slant and the textured surface of the bezel itself. i wonder if this could work with a simple phone case + some strong velcro? any other ideas? also shoutout to my puppy cassie for starring in the pic! :D

edit: i also changed the thread name to the correct name of the part.

bcb0f364-ad4c-4d12-9649-4d93c376ec3d.jpg
:D