An Itch I Needed to Scratch.

K9F

Greetings,

Live in the UK down on the south coast. Currently riding a Harley CVO Pro Street Breakout for pleasure and a KTM Duke 390 for my daily commute. Both bikes are poles apart but love the foibles and idiosyncrasies of each bike. The KTM had to go as it quite doesn’t ‘cut the mustard’ at higher speeds with regards to power delivery etc. Placed a deposit on an FTR1200S in January. Didn’t want to pay extra for the Race Replica as I already have a pearlescent scorched apple red framed bike. Opted for titanium/red. Looking forward to eventually getting my mits on her. In the interim boredom is making me spend money on the latest ‘must have extras’ that I definitely don’t really need.

Knox

Welcome to the group. Is your bike getting shipped to you directly or are you having to pick it up and ship it yourself? The latter sounds like a logistical nightmare.

K9F

Hi Knox, I have ordered it through a local dealership which is only a couple of miles from my house. That way it’ll be UK specification with the lighting arrangement etc.

Moore Speed Racing who is my local dealership customise Scouts for the discerning customer who wants something unusual. They do make some nice looking Scout Bobbers. The owner Colin Moore intends stripping down his FTR on arrival and placing his mark on it. It will be interesting what pans out.